Cutting practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldigga

Reaction score
I've just finished my level 2 and about to do my level 3 at college.I'm still struggling with my confidence with cutting and feel I'm not getting enough practice at college we only really get 1 or 2 clients a week and not always cutting.Im thinking of setting up a page on facebook to maybe advertise to get models/clients but still a bit unsure and nervous,any advice? Just feel like I'm going round in circles...Im not practising enough to get better and to get better I need to practice,any help greatly appreciated thanks

I totaly hear u. I have just finished my level two. I feel confident with my basic cutting. Long/short grad/uniform straight cuts and disconnected cuts. Where i studied was the same barely any vlients more block work than anything it is hard. I would say ask friends and family if you have anyone to ask. I wouldnt place an add unless you have liability insurance though, and I would advertise for cheap cuts ot anything like that because once these people have a cheap cut from you thats what they will expect to pay full stop even as ur confidence grows or they will smell fear on you and will never be happy with the cut. Even really experienced stylists have problematic clients and would love to turn them away without tarnishing their name in public.

If i where you. Personally if you can afford the time I would get some experience in a salon as a placement, or consider doing your level 3 as a apprenticeship where you will be guided step by step when you are cutting. Thos is just me though. Where i have confidence in cutting I lack in colour!

Good luck to you. I think you have just either got to go for it or hold back and think of your options.

Latest posts

Back