D/brown to l/brown and full head of blonde foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
Ok so atm I have dark brown graduated bob growing out and as I have found the greys :( coming through I decided I wanted to go light brown (close to my nat colour) with naturel blonde hi lites going through.

I am due at my hairdressers and am wondering am I asking for too much?

I have tried fading the dark brown with Head and Shoulders and washing up liquid but has not budged.
I have wella 6/7 on and when you dont want it to fade it does and when you want rid it wont budge!

Is going light brown all over with blonde hi lites possible or am I asking too much?

xx

Something like this
short%20brown%20highlights.jpg

Ok so atm I have dark brown graduated bob growing out and as I have found the greys :( coming through I decided I wanted to go light brown (close to my nat colour) with naturel blonde hi lites going through.

I am due at my hairdressers and am wondering am I asking for too much?

I have tried fading the dark brown with Head and Shoulders and washing up liquid but has not budged.
I have wella 6/7 on and when you dont want it to fade it does and when you want rid it wont budge!

Is going light brown all over with blonde hi lites possible or am I asking too much?

xx

Hiya,

I don't think your asking to much, how light are you trying to achieve as in my mind wella 6/7 is a light brown?
Your hairdresser may strip your hair with a hair stripper or a very mild bleach bath to lift your brown then re colour with a lighter brown and highlight depending on condition of your hair.

Hope this helps slighty, I'm sure one of the more experienced geeks will be able to help you a bit more :) xx

Something like this
short%20brown%20highlights.jpg

Ahh I'm too slow haha.
If I was your hairdresser I would just keep building up your highlights over the colour you've already got. I do think it is achievable but it would maybe's take a couple of appointments. That's a lovely colour. xx

Yes because my hair was v red she put a base 5 on my hair and I think thats why it went darker but she said it needed to cover the red (it did that nicely) as I didnt want her to bleach/strip it.

If she has to strip it before starting again I assume she cant do it all in the same session?

Eeeeek does that mean I may have to wear a hat for a week while my condition settles?

xxx

hehe srry :p

She said that blonde hi lites on my colour at the moment may not come out as blonde as Im hoping because of build up.....its dark brown and my roots are light brown (and some grey :( ) so should I just ask her to start the hi lites then....leave the dark brown where it is?Also if I didnt this would the dark/light roots show?
xxx

hehe srry :p

She said that blonde hi lites on my colour at the moment may not come out as blonde as Im hoping because of build up.....its dark brown and my roots are light brown (and some grey :( ) so should I just ask her to start the hi lites then....leave the dark brown where it is?Also if I didnt this would the dark/light roots show?
xxx

I didn't realise you had red underneath. No they probably won't goes as light as that and I would worry about the red that underneath and you won't have total root coverage off just highlights. Has she took any test cuttings?
The only other option is to strip it as tint won't lift tint. xx

Ok so have had hair stripped of all red and dark base 5 build up,had base 7 put on and the a full head of bleach blonde foils and caramel foils.

Suffice to say looked bad and because the foils were so fine (asked not for thicker zebra chunks) on the main blody it looked like peppery (grey/dark/white).

Didnt like it so much I didnt go to work it looked v bad :( so went back next morning and had another head of blonde foils.

Looks better but not what I want and now feels yellowey....am washing it and conditioning it in tone correcting shampoo etc but isnt making any diff.

Now have to wait for my next appointment before taking more action....it looks nothing like the photo but unsure what to ask for??

Help

Latest posts

Back