Daily Mail - lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollys Love

Reaction score
I think this just highlights the importance of providing clients with a patch test! Of course it invalidates insurance because it's a breach of the contract. However this client should have sued the salon for negligence. Tough luck if they go out of business. They should be doing things correctly!

As for removing them herself she was actually half advised correctly. She should have been told to use something oil based to remove but as the remover is just as strong, if not stronger, than the adhesive, it could cause even more of a reaction.

People need to be more diligent when both providing and having this treatment x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've just seen this on facebook, poor lady! She must have been terrified. I know i would have been. Like the previous poster mentioned, it just makes us all aware how very important patch testing is! Even when clients are adamant they don't need/want one, its always best the ensure proper rules and regulations are followed.

I'm worried it could scare people away from having extensions though! Salons that do this sort of thing make it hard for everyone else doing it the right way!

On my training they said that you don't need to patch test as the glue won't touch the clients skin, and it shouldn't if applied right.
I teach to patch test to cover yourself. BUT the glue shouldn't touch the clients skin in the first place.

X

I never patch test either, have been lashing for 2 years, but after reading that, I will most defo be patch testing from now on! That has gave me a fright!

Yes, there is the worry this sensationalist reporting of what we all know is a very rare reation, could put clients off or frighten them.

Personally I wouldn't really use anything on the eye area without patch testing it first, I think this therapist has been foolish in not patch testing the adhesive.

However, lets take the good out of stories like this, and use them to educate our clients on best practice, and why good therapists will insist on it. I cut things like this out to show people who get snotty about patch testing. Tends to work a treat!!
J

its DM for you, they're either completely supporting the salons or going the oppersite and against the salons.

couple things bug me about this article. Some training providers offer patch tests some dont, some insurers expect it some dont. what happens if the over cross each other then its invalid? no patch test but insurance want it- id go with insurance.

Why did this lady take 5 hours to remove it?
Why didnt she go back to the salon.....this bits really fishy and why on earth wouldnt the salon remove it? even more fishy! Was this client rude or whatever that the salon refused her.... i have no idea why you would say no, if someones reacting, you'd either take them off or go to the hosipital asap!

Sympathy for the lady, most definatly but the scenrio and situation really dont add up xoxo

why on earth wouldnt the salon remove it? even more fishy! Was this client rude or whatever that the salon refused her.... i have no idea why you would say no, if someones reacting, you'd either take them off or go to the hosipital asap!

As I said above, I was told on training that the remover is just as strong if not stronger than the adhesive (which makes perfect sense) and that a client with a reaction to the adhesive could react to the remover just as much.
She needed something gentle but oil based.
Personally I would advise a client to get some baby oil (as per training) and I can sit with them incase they need my help but I am not allowed to remove them with the remover or anything else if they have had a reaction (!!!!!) it's very frustrating but unfortunately that is all that can be done. You can apply a cold compress too. That's it :( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Although I agree tha it is better to patch test than not, I still think this article is PR for solicitors mentioned at the end of it.
Why did she remove lashes with soap and wayer? If the salon refused to remove them surely, they could advise to use something oily?

i think the salon should have removed them. Like a few stickies, or even sweeping the lash with debonder, then applying a damp bud and adding some eye nourisher.
Its not rocket science, and yes the client at that point was having a small effect- stinging blood shot eyes of the glue, not full blown puffy eyes.

I think the salon was negligent on patch test and had a duty of care to removed the lashes, which hopefully would have kept the irriation at bay. This was more intensified due to the fact she had to do them herself, on something she wasnt advised on how to remove, what to use and how to correctly do it. she made it worse doing it herself.

I just also want to point out that there are strong glue removers out there but there also are gentle eye removers aswel, that could easily had done the job without effecting the eye or skin.. Secret lashes have a great one. xoxo

its DM for you, they're either completely supporting the salons or going the oppersite and against the salons.

couple things bug me about this article. Some training providers offer patch tests some dont, some insurers expect it some dont. what happens if the over cross each other then its invalid? no patch test but insurance want it- id go with insurance.

Why did this lady take 5 hours to remove it?
Why didnt she go back to the salon.....this bits really fishy and why on earth wouldnt the salon remove it? even more fishy! Was this client rude or whatever that the salon refused her.... i have no idea why you would say no, if someones reacting, you'd either take them off or go to the hosipital asap!

Sympathy for the lady, most definatly but the scenrio and situation really dont add up xoxo

This lady in particular is a TA at my youngest daughters school, she is a genuine and lovely lady, she was not rude to the salon, she asked them twice, yes twice to remove the lashes and was sent away. Unfortunately I didnt know the lady was going for lashes or that she had a reaction until after the event otherwise I would have stepped in and removed them,

She was distraught and with no prior knowledge of lash extensions went with what the "professional" advised her - no patch and how to remove.

There is nothing fishy on her part at all!

hey blinkinggorgeous no offence to you, or the lady. But hearing what you've said i genuinally feel for her, knowing more about it- shes asked twice and she wasnt rude so why on earth was this salon so negligent and refusing her?

From an outsider point of view you kinda have to think why go to these extermes! xoxo

Latest posts

Back