Damage when using protein bond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smart Nails

Reaction score
i have just started using youngs protien bond under cnd shellac just over the free edge, I have had really good results with problem lifters but when I removed it the free edge seemed really damaged with separated layers peeling off and really weak and fragile.
Help has anyone else had similar I am scared to continue using it xxx

Ive been using it under Shellac for 3-4 weeks & did my first sets of removal with it last week. I havent noticed any damage, but my god! I couldnt get the buggars off! 30 minutes wrapping & re-wrapping :(

I made the mistake of painting the whole nail tho, so am hoping this weeks application is easier to deal with xx

I've been using protein bond under everything for a long time now and I've never had any problems, is it just on one of your clients?

I did a shellac removal today from 3 weeks ago & it came off like a doddle in 10 minutes! So out of 3 protein bond removals, 2 have been a nightmare & ones been fine!

Its still worth me using it though as lift prone clients are getting 3 weeks chip free, so the added removal time is worth not having to book in repairs & re-dos :) xx

I've never had a problem with removal. I always soak off for 15 mins though as some of my clients have Brisa lite smoothing gel so extra time needed. By the time I've made tea and choose colour it's time to come off xx

Thank you for your replies!! I will try again as it is fab!! It was 2 ladies who are hard on their hands so nails not in the best condition! I used Ibx last time and they are looking so much better already xx

Latest posts

Back