Dark brown going red

kelly123

Hi

I'd like some others opinion on one of my clients colour please, all advice appreciated.

My client has dark hair, I use Wella Koleston 55/0 and it is beautiful and shiny and in a really healthy condition. But she has seen the advert for the Schwartzkopf Live colours and now wants to go quite a rich red. :confused:

The Wella Koleston range doesn't have a rich enough red and I am going to my wholesaler to see what other colours are avail (advice on this pls!) also, do you think I should give a full head of really finely woven lightly bleached highlights just to lighten the dark a bit before applying the red.

I am also worried that the roots will really take the colour and the lengths and ends are not so vibrant, hence the foils first. I am going to apply the lengths and ends then the roots last.

Is there a better option that the above?

Thanks

Kelly :lol:

-sophisticutz-

Hi,

I would bleach bath the dark ends, just to lift it slightly. Plenty of porosity spray dried in after. Then apply Schwartzkopf 6/888 with a touch of 6/0, a good squirt of Igora paint in red spark and 3% on the ends. For the virgin hair re-growth, equal quantities of the 6/888 and 6/0, add in a reasonable squirt of red spark and 3%.
This will give you a gorgeous, lasting red. Advise your client to use Schwartzkopf colour save shampoo.

persianista

Banned
L'Oreal has the majirouge range which has some really rich, strong reds. Do midlengths and ends first, then roots. I personally wouldnt prelighten. If the hair needs lift use majimode which is effectively a high lift red.

-sophisticutz-

L'Oreal has the majirouge range which has some really rich, strong reds. Do midlengths and ends first, then roots. I personally wouldnt prelighten. If the hair needs lift use majimode which is effectively a high lift red.
Does majimode lift tint? I would only lift the ends (slightly) because of the 55 already on. The Schwartzkopf reds would colour over this but you would lose the vibrancy of the red, so I would bleach bath to a 6 (probably only on 10 mins).

I'd definitely would give the majimode a bash if it lifted a shade and retained vibrancy. :)

persianista

Banned
I have managed to shift tint with majimode. Used with 30. Plus some heat.

kelly123

hi

thanks for your replies, i will prelighten slightly with a bleach bath and I will have a look at both the majirouge and the schwarzkopf colours in Salon Services.

Thanks!:lol:

skankinchar

I have used majirouge on clients that want a really vibrant red and they LOVE it.
I especially like the magenta read... WOW!

magentahair

the magenta red is a majicontrast not a majirouge! if u bleach bath this will make the hair porous and the red wont last! i personally woul not pre lighten!

bracek

i would use a red magma in foils and then use a red put with a base to colour inbetween the foils that would give best result could always add more magma u could also use a halo technque to make the colour more interesting good luck