Dark roots, red color-wanting to go golden help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

originalsusie

Reaction score
Hi, for years I had bleached blonde hair, my hair is naturally a dark brown (level 3). I went mainly my natural color but kept my bleached highlights. 2- months ago I took those blonde (level 8/9) to red by using Clairol Radiance Colorgloss (demi - deposit only) as a base then adding Natural Instincts (dark red), the blonde locks came out a nice color (now faded), but I'm over red.
:?:My goal is to get the red 'highlights' I am currently sporting, to a medium golden (rich caramel) brown, the rest of my hair will remain the dark brown. ~Also getting my roots to lift the shade or two it will need to blend with my the rest of my 'highlights'.
:?:Any help on doing this would be awesome & VERY MUCH appreciated.
I am fairly well versed in using colors/toners and very comfortable with the 'process' that it takes to achieve the desired result... but before I leap face first and go the LONG way around to get to my goal, I thought it may be smart to ask you guys!! Grin

Ive attached photos to help you see where my hair is. The red is about 2 shades lighter than my roots.

My thoughts were to lift the roots using 20 or 30 Vol. and a color such as Ion Color Brilliance 7G 7/3 (Med. golden blonde -*reviews says it comes out darker*) - then using a demi over the roots and red highlights to tone it all the desired color and make it even, root to tip.
Thoughts on my idea would be appreciated? Also, is there a better way, I'm all for it!
I'm thinking I will need to use an ash to tone it to a golden?
Anyway - thanks in advance for your help (-:
Susie :)

Attachments

• hairsidev.jpg
    hairsidev.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 128
  • hairroots.jpg
    hairroots.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 162
  • medium-golden-brown-hair-color2.jpg
    medium-golden-brown-hair-color2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,410
Originalsusie I see you are not a hair pro therefore this has been moved to Consumer Queries.

Please note, however, that our qualified colourists and stylists are not going to give details on colours or products to use to an enthusiastic amateur. Colouring hair with professional products should be left to the professionals, especially a colour correction like this.

If you want advice on retail products to help the condition of your hair or what style would suit you, this is the place to ask, but regarding using pro products we can't help and the best advice is go to a salon and get it done professionally.

Latest posts

Back