Dark to pastel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah Phillips

Reaction score
Hi :)
I have a client who has a base of about a 5. She has just put a box dye on her hair (sigh) as she wanted to get a purple colour however, she has now just decided she wants to go to a pastel purple can someone please give me some advice on achieving this (using wella products please).

Thankyou! x

It's going to be a long process, pastel purple is hard to achieve especially on box dyed hair.
I would probably detox her to get some of the build up and color out.
Do you use Olaplex? [emoji4]

Hi :)
I have a client who has a base of about a 5. She has just put a box dye on her hair (sigh) as she wanted to get a purple colour however, she has now just decided she wants to go to a pastel purple can someone please give me some advice on achieving this (using wella products please).

Thankyou! x
I had a similar situation last week.
I choose to do about 10 foils 40 volume and blondor around the face, mohawk etc and get those pieces light enough so I could achieve her goal. I was able to isolate some hair and control the lifting without damage. I followed up with the pastel and olaplex.
I think trying to go from a level 5 with a layer of color over it to pastel is going to set to you both up for disappointment and or damaged hair. Remember she's the one that did this to her hair and you don't have to be the superhero. It will be a "process" to her that color even if it was just her natural color. I hope that helps some.

Okay so than you have to bleach the hair and do you use Pravana for these colors?

I have never used pravana actually...

I had a similar situation last week.
I choose to do about 10 foils 40 volume and blondor around the face, mohawk etc and get those pieces light enough so I could achieve her goal. I was able to isolate some hair and control the lifting without damage. I followed up with the pastel and olaplex.
I think trying to go from a level 5 with a layer of color over it to pastel is going to set to you both up for disappointment and or damaged hair. Remember she's the one that did this to her hair and you don't have to be the superhero. It will be a "process" to her that color even if it was just her natural color. I hope that helps some.

Thankyou :)

I think it may be a case of some compromise in what she wants.

I use Pravana here in the US I love it but I also use Joico also. What I would do for Pravana is use the clear and add very little of Pravana purple into it and that should be lavender but you definitely should do s strand test always!
They also have pastel colors!

Latest posts

Back