Darkening bleach hi-lights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abilou35

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this website and I would like a bit of advice with a client that has bleached hi-lights, please! She is naturally almost 100% white so I use a maj 7 and 7.3 on the roots all over with 6% and refresh the midlengths and ends with richesse 7.3 which she also has on the top in back to back foils alternated with bleach. (I was also putting in a 9 with 9.13 foil but she decided the overall look was not defined enough which is why the last time I dropped this and I just used the bleach and 7/7.3 combo).
The problem now is that she doesn't like the contrast as the bleach is too much with the base 7.
The thing I am concerned with, is what I can put over the bleach that will tone it enough?and will last more than a couple of washes. I need a couple of shades as I am going to break up the bleach slices with two different shades. Then in future I will need to match it with a permanent tint as I don't want to use bleach anymore.

I did think about fine hi-lights all through but this will be impossible when it comes to the re-touch in 6 weeks.

I am thinking possibly the the richesse 7.3 as one shade but I am scared of it grabbing too much of the gold tone. If this would work, what could I put with it?

Any ideas would be welcome as it has been a while since I have had to deal with a challenge like this!!

Thanks for any advice!!:confused:

Not sure about L'oreal, but I would be inclined to go for a 8 line
If it was wella I would use 8/07 or an 8/38
x

Thanks for your quick reply! Is that a wella semi you would use? x

I would use it in Koleston Perfect (permanent) but mixed with pastel, which is basically for toning as it's a weaker peroxide :hug:

so , you need the depth to cover the white , and the bleach to cut through the tint? you could try sticking to that and doing a semi all over after in something like a 8 line as suggested or for half 8 half 9 . i dont really understand though is the client coming back for a correction because its too bright or too many hi-lites?

She only had it done 2 weeks ago so the roots don't need touching up at the moment, so just to tone the bleach hi-lights. I need to do something that I can keep to as she has it done every 6 weeks. I am thinking now that maybe to go for a permanent 9 and a 9.13 again, mixed with 10vol which at least I can match next time??

Thanks for your suggestions

Latest posts

Back