Darkening blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I will explain it is going to be stripy putting a dark colour on the blonde. She wants a toner on the blonde to make it really platinum next to the brown lol x

It's always great when a client contradicts themselves in the description of what they want! Lol....
Not stripy, but then sends your pictures of stripy hair! Makes life nice and easy. Haha! ;)

It's a nightmare lol I will try my best, I am doing it at half 4 so ill let you all know how I get on x

The longer one actually looks like slices

Yeah that's what I thought, we're not doing it tonight now lol x

Intrigued on how this turns out! When are you doing her?

I'm doing it on Tuesday x

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out xx

Visuals work so much better as people can take wording in different ways. I think whats she's asking is not to look like a humbug, but to have prominent low lights that are visible. using a level 6 on a blonde will already make them fairly prominent so I aggree you should take your top section on a diagonal and also the sides (ieparallel to a line from cheekbone to top of ear) and I would foil every other or every third section as you say she already has the blonde
x

I would do my sections diagonally from the front towards the crown and would really really finely weave the hair nearer the parting so you don't get any chunky stripes. And I would use a few 6.3 randomly scattered throughout the head and mainly 7.3 or 7.31 depending on how golden the client wants it. And i would use these in Tigi copyright colour with a 8.5 vol (2.55%) so that it grabs better. :) x

The only trouble with doing really fine weaves is that it all blends into the blonde and makes the client feel like its all dark (if you know what I mean) and she doesn't want that x

View attachment 46820View attachment 46821

Ok so she has sent me these pictures. I was thinking of applying my foils diagonally through the top as recommended and also diagonally up the sides aswell, shall I do a foil, leave a gap then another foil? As she already has the blonde through. Any ideas on placement? X

Yes just use a lightener for the root in a foil chunky woven then leave a gap then a 6.3 leave a gap and so in then flood with 7.3 or maybe 8.3 all loreal then tone with one of the milkshakes on the blonde pieces prob 10.01 if u have lifted them nice an yellow hth good luck I'm sure you will be fine its pretty straight foward just keep all your foils at a angle and nice and chunky weaves take a horse shoe at the top same width as your foils clip out the way then a another horse shoe top of the ear all the way round to the other ear clip that into two in either side so easier to work with then you should just be left with the nape hanging down that were I would start taking the foils basically from the back of the ear lib across the the other all vertically and on a angle I hope that all made sense will try to find a diagram I'm sure I have one that blue sent me years ago! X

Iv got another client wanting lowlights in their bright blonde hair now! Lol everyone wants to darken their hair for winter! X

Iv got another client wanting lowlights in their bright blonde hair now! Lol everyone wants to darken their hair for winter! X

I quite like the really Icey white in the winter and more golden blondes in the summer but everyone's dif I'm thinking of going very dark soon and new extensions! I'm scared haha x

Iv been adding darker pieces in my hair for the winter. I'm so tempted to go dark to get a nice healthy shine on my hair! X

Iv been adding darker pieces in my hair for the winter. I'm so tempted to go dark to get a nice healthy shine on my hair! X

Yes that's what I love about dark hair I'm thinking dark then a brazillan then new extensions! God men have it so easy don't they! Lol x

They sure do! I'm loving this colour! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383593441.598241.jpg

They sure do! I'm loving this colour! View attachment 47104

Oh I love this!
kind of did this the other day
I sectioned the hair same way I said to you earlier temple to temple but did slices all the way round on a angle then the nape back of the ear to ear all on a angle but left the top came out lovely like peekaboo h/l (caramel) on the base of a 5.3 and when she tonged it all out it looked like this she wants me to do her extensions now so I might post a pic once there done because I think that will look really nice x

I might have some lighter bits to start with because I no what I'm like I get all depressed when I first go dark! Haha x

Oh I love this!
kind of did this the other day
I sectioned the hair same way I said to you earlier temple to temple but did slices all the way round on a angle then the nape back of the ear to ear all on a angle but left the top came out lovely like peekaboo h/l (caramel) on the base of a 5.3 and when she tonged it all out it looked like this she wants me to do her extensions now so I might post a pic once there done because I think that will look really nice x

Yes post a pic would love to see this! X

Latest posts

Back