Date set for starting at salon.. have i forgot anything?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
I have finally set a start date to work at my sister's hairdressers!! :eek: I already have a fulltime job and so will be doing saturdays to start off with and mobile evenings. In the salon i will be doing 4 different manicures to start with... creative spa manicure, solar manicure, paraffin wax manicure and a basic manicure. I'll also be doing nail art and smile gems. I don't feel confident enough to do acrylic / gel on the paying public yet.. need practice first as I haven't done many for quite a while.

I got permission to use the creative logo on my price lists.
I've printed my price lists, advertising posters and client consultation sheets.
Collected together and ordered my products.
Practiced each manicure to get timings right.
I'll be opening a separate bank account for my business on monday.
Getting my insurance sorted next week.
I've spoken to the tax / self employed people and just have to ring them to let them know my start date.

I'm excited and busy sorting it all out, but as its drawing closer to starting i'm starting to get butterflies :|

Have I forgotten anything? Can anyone think of anything...:)

Sounds like your very organised, cant think of anything else at the mo, good luck though, hope it goes well:hug:

I have finally set a start date to work at my sister's hairdressers!! :eek: I already have a fulltime job and so will be doing saturdays to start off with and mobile evenings. In the salon i will be doing 4 different manicures to start with... creative spa manicure, solar manicure, paraffin wax manicure and a basic manicure. I'll also be doing nail art and smile gems. I don't feel confident enough to do acrylic / gel on the paying public yet.. need practice first as I haven't done many for quite a while.

I got permission to use the creative logo on my price lists.
I've printed my price lists, advertising posters and client consultation sheets.
Collected together and ordered my products.
Practiced each manicure to get timings right.
I'll be opening a separate bank account for my business on monday.
Getting my insurance sorted next week.
I've spoken to the tax / self employed people and just have to ring them to let them know my start date.

I'm excited and busy sorting it all out, but as its drawing closer to starting i'm starting to get butterflies :|

Have I forgotten anything? Can anyone think of anything...:)

Wow! - you are very organised. Don't forget to take a cash float with you, towels for manicures, uniform? a diary?, er...........picnic hamper, cuddley toy ha ha just kidding. Think you have it all chick, good luck!!

Latest posts

Back