Dating to relationship

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Right I don't know if it's me, or do people jump into relationships blooming quickly?

I have a friend and she met a bloke. And then 2 weeks later they're in a relationship. They've probably been 'an item' for 2-3 weeks.

They're already talking about possibly moving in together in like 5 months time...

Now I don't know about you... But if I was dating a guy. He wouldn't have met my family by 6 months?! Let alone moving in?!

I think the whole dating relationship scene is mad these days full stop! I often think god I'm so lucky I'm settled & don't have to deal with all that! Pmsl I probably sound like an old lady saying that but jeeze watching my colleague & juniors go through the dating game does my head in!

I think the whole dating relationship scene is mad these days full stop! I often think god I'm so lucky I'm settled & don't have to deal with all that! Pmsl I probably sound like an old lady saying that but jeeze watching my colleague & juniors go through the dating game does my head in!
Pahaha! It's freaking awful!! You have to shave your legs and chose salad!

Whatttt[emoji33] 2 weeks???

Whatttt[emoji33] 2 weeks???
I know right?!

I was dating a guy for 6 months before I found out he had a girlfriend already. How can you possibly know enough about someone after 2 weeks to be in a relationship?!

I'm now taking it personally that nobody wants a relationship! Anyone I meet just wants to date anyone and everyone or is scary.
I'm 45 in a few days and have been separated for 6 ish years. It is so much worse than when I was younger. You'd think that people would mature gracefully! They really don't.
I have now completely given up and I'm happy with my kids or my own company

Pahaha! It's freaking awful!! You have to shave your legs and chose salad!

Think I'll stick to being an old married woman of 20 years...what is this salad you talk of? [emoji23][emoji23]

Shave legs? Pmsl I do that in spring :D

I guess I'm like your friend lol my boyfriend and I were dating for about three weeks before making it official. He met my parents about a week after that and we moved in together after about three months together.

We will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary this July. We own our home together and have two dogs. Sometimes you just know, for me I knew right off the bat he was the one. It's hard to describe but we've clicked since day one.

PS I should mention that we literally spent everyday with each other while dating and would talk non stop so we got to know each other very well. Even now, 6 years later, I find out things I didn't know before. I think you're always learning about your partner.

I guess I'm like your friend lol my boyfriend and I were dating for about three weeks before making it official. He met my parents about a week after that and we moved in together after about three months together.

We will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary this July. We own our home together and have two dogs. Sometimes you just know, for me I knew right off the bat he was the one. It's hard to describe but we've clicked since day one.

PS I should mention that we literally spent everyday with each other while dating and would talk non stop so we got to know each other very well. Even now, 6 years later, I find out things I didn't know before. I think you're always learning about your partner.

Urgh. That would literally be my worst nightmare. Seeing each other every day?!

To me, that's clingy. I'd want some breathing room

me and my partner moved in together the same day we moved from 'seeing each other' to 'in a relationship' and we are the best of friends. its good to keep your independence but for me my 'me time' is with him :) x

Urgh. That would literally be my worst nightmare. Seeing each other every day?!

To me, that's clingy. I'd want some breathing room
Everyone is different. We wanted to be together all the time, we enjoyed (still do) each other's company. Now I look forward to my days off where he's not home so I can get some alone time haha

Took me about 2 months to make it official with my boyfriend. Nearly 2 years later and we've not moved in together yet. Would if we could though. I don't think you can put a time limit on anything like that. They might change their minds 6 months in but who knows?

Eta: moved in with my ex after 3.5 years and getting engaged. We were over before the 4 year mark. Sometimes it doesn't work even when you know the person really well...

It's all down to the individual couple, if they are happy let them be!

It definately does go quick these days!!!
I was dating a guy last year.......an i swear to god he shouldve been a woman.....he was so needy, was talking about kids after being together for only 3months (we had known each other for about 6 years) wanted to move in together last summer (about 7/8months together at that point) me being me didnt like all of that so point blank told him no it wouldnt happen that quick i wanted to wait a while.
If they are both happy together and are happy to have there relationship go at such speed then they should be left alone. Everyones different
A friend of mine was engaged.....pregnant.....and married all within 12months :-o

Shave legs? Pmsl I do that in spring :D

My husband thinks all his Christmas & birthdays have come at once when I shave my legs!! [emoji23][emoji23]

My husband thinks all his Christmas & birthdays have come at once when I shave my legs!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Lol

Is that where your user name comes from? :);)

Men complain constantly don't they and only shave their faces!

To be honest I think it's down to the individual how they choose to live their lives. But on the flip side inviting a virtual stranger into your home and life when let's face it you know absolutely nothing about them in my opinion is not just foolish it's also dangerous. I could tell you guys some hideous stories about what has happened to people I know but I can't put them on here because it contains personal information etc. I think meeting someone's family and friends quiet quickly is actually a good idea as you can get an idea of the company they keep and what they are like around others etc :) xxxx

This is so bizzare to me ! I met my fiancé when I was 17 and he was 18 so we were basically in s relationship right away. Still together 9 years later. I think i would be so confused by all the dating rules if I was single lol. As in when you have to have the what are we conversation. Xxxx

Latest posts

Back