Daylight UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly_17

Reaction score
I have got a 36w daylight UV lamp, can I use any UV bulbs to replace the bulbs in the lamp or do they have to be the daylight bulbs?

Thanks

Are you asking about a desk lamp?? What does the manufacturers instructions say for the lamp you are using?

Hello there,

I apologize in advance but I have to say this once & for all.

I truly cant understand what in the world it is you are referring to!
Lately I keep reading posts about using daylight uv lamps!

Can we please make it a bit clearer?

If you are referring to a desk lamp that has daylight then please state that exactly like that & please understand that you cant switch out to UV bulbs in them & get the same effect of curing gels, it just wont work! :smack:

Now if you are referring to UV/LED Lamps Curing Gels then please add the W of it that way, for example...My 36W UV/LED curing lamp isnt working properly or so on because You are seriously confusing people on here that just DONT get what you are trying to say & that goes for me as well!

I really want to help you but I cant do that if I dont understand what you mean. I think other people may agree that it is a bit confusing! :(

Thanks in advance..

I think the brand is daylight and the product is a uv lamp. Like ibd uv lamp but the daylight brand. Thats how i read the op. I think they sell them at sallys.
Stacie x
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh that makes more sense now! Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry i didnt think people would be so confused over my question. It is a 36watt UV lamp for curing and the brand is daylight - i thought people would be familiar with this brand as it is sold in most wholesalers

Hello there,

I apologize in advance but I have to say this once & for all.

I truly cant understand what in the world it is you are referring to!
Lately I keep reading posts about using daylight uv lamps!

Can we please make it a bit clearer?

If you are referring to a desk lamp that has daylight then please state that exactly like that & please understand that you cant switch out to UV bulbs in them & get the same effect of curing gels, it just wont work! :smack:

Now if you are referring to UV/LED Lamps Curing Gels then please add the W of it that way, for example...My 36W UV/LED curing lamp isnt working properly or so on because You are seriously confusing people on here that just DONT get what you are trying to say & that goes for me as well!

I really want to help you but I cant do that if I dont understand what you mean. I think other people may agree that it is a bit confusing! :(

Thanks in advance..

I did actually say to begin with - I have got a 36w daylight UV lamp

I think you will find that the Daylight 36w uses a four pin bulb ( unlike the standard 2 pin ) and I don't know of anywhere you can get these bulbs apart from daylight . Someone correct me if I am wrong

x

I've never heard of daylight that's why I couldn't understand but I still think that you should check manufacturers advice about using different bulbs. I know some lamps use universal bulbs but not at all of them do. Have a nice day.

I also didn't understand. This is why capital letters are so useful!

I would recommend using the bulbs which are designed to be used specifically with that brand of lamp.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I also didn't understand. This is why capital letters are so useful!

I would recommend using the bulbs which are designed to be used specifically with that brand of lamp.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to post, after reading the confusing first post. :hug:

If anyone is asking about or even mentioning a BRAND then it should be capitalised. IBD is a brand, Shellac is a brand, CND is a brand; if the word daylight is a brand then let us know by using Daylight because otherwise it does not make sense!!

Many people who use and value this site as a learning tool, come from other countries. Maybe English is not the language they speak. It would be polite to respect that fact as a member of this community and write in clear legible, grammatically correct English so they might better understand. It shouldn't be assumed that everyone understands everyone else's market or the brands they have available to them. Just a little thought for others is all it takes.

Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to post, after reading the confusing first post. :hug:

If anyone is asking about or even mentioning a BRAND then it should be capitalised. IBD is a brand, Shellac is a brand, CND is a brand; if the word daylight is a brand then let us know by using Daylight because otherwise it does not make sense!!

Many people who use and value this site as a learning tool, come from other countries. Maybe English is not the language they speak. It would be polite to respect that fact as a member of this community and write in clear legible, grammatically correct English so they might better understand. It shouldn't be assumed that everyone understands everyone else's market or the brands they have available to them. Just a little thought for others is all it takes.

I'm glad that you agree with me, I was in two minds about saying it but it is something that has been annoying me on some posts for a while now!

I understood the original post :-D

I use the same lamp & I have always ordered my replacement bulbs directly through the Daylight website however I have been doing a search & I see Capital hair & beauty supplies sell them & they are cheaper than Daylight directly which doesn't make sense to me but anyway its worth having a look. ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I understood the original post :-D

I use the same lamp & I have always ordered my replacement bulbs directly through the Daylight website however I have been doing a search & I see Capital hair & beauty supplies sell them & they are cheaper than Daylight directly which doesn't make sense to me but anyway its worth having a look. ;-)

Thank you! Finally someone with an answer rather than biting my head off about how ive typed out my question. I knew someone who had the same lamp would fully understand! I have ordered the Daylight bulbs through salons direct now.
Thanks for your reply x

Last edited:
Thank you! Finally someone with an answer rather than biting my head off about how ive typed out my question. I knew someone who had the same lamp would fully understand! I have ordered the Daylight bulbs through salons direct now.
Thanks for your reply x

No one bit your head off, as you put it. A few people pointed out that your post was difficult to understand and that it was hindering you getting a fast response.

Thanks for your reply x

Oh please, Stop exaggerating .. I have read every post and no one has bitten your head off about anything ... and plenty of people misunderstood your post including me.:green:

Wouldn't it be a better experience for everyone visiting the site if all who read it had fully understood the post and that you had learned from the mistakes you made rather than waiting for one person to come along who finally got what you meant? That makes sense to me. :)

Last edited:
I actually see it from both sides & as much as this site has been an invaluable learning source for me it can also be abit intimidating. Whilst I understand about needing to be more clearer etc.. etc... etc... But I feel that some of the responses (& not just on this post) could also do with being written more carefully as they can be very belittling & sarcastic which I don't feel is necessary to get the message across.
But thats just my opinion

Since the OP has now sorted out and ordered the bulbs she requires, may I suggest that everyone calms down please and goes and puts the kettle on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back