Days that make you hate being a mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Being mobile offers a lovely personal service to clients but I not only get attached to my clients but their family and pets too.

I am a huge animal lover, especially dogs and today I find out my favourite dog has passed away this morning. I only saw her Monday and she was perfectly fine. I am devastated and she's not even my dog! She always greeted me at the door, tail wagging, always wanted a cuddle and sat at my feet whilst I treated my client.

My client text me last night to warn me of the news and I just didn't know what to say. I burst into tears and when I got home stated to everyone that I hate being mobile! Lol. It's so hard to not get attached to people and their families when you are in their homes. I think it's easier to distance yourself when in a salon.

How do you distance yourself from the emotional roller coaster of being a mobile therapist?x

One of my clients died on Sunday night. Yes, she was elderly but in good health. totally unexpected. I found out at the school gates on Monday. One of the other mums sees this lady for other reasons. I'm very sad about it. I lost 2 clients last year and one has now had a stroke and has gone into a nurging home. It's awful!

I'm sorry to hear this. Sending hugs to you.

I have a few clients that are either poorly themselves or their husbands. It's awful. Every time I go for their appointment I wonder if it's going to be bad news.

I had an elderly lady that used to have her nails painted every 2 weeks, I've not heard from her in a while. I'm scared to phone incase she is no longer with us! Ignorance is bliss. I feel terrible for not calling though in case she's lost my number or something.

Sometimes it's such a hard job emotionally!x

I'm sorry to hear this. Sending hugs to you.

I have a few clients that are either poorly themselves or their husbands. It's awful. Every time I go for their appointment I wonder if it's going to be bad news.

I had an elderly lady that used to have her nails painted every 2 weeks, I've not heard from her in a while. I'm scared to phone incase she is no longer with us! Ignorance is bliss. I feel terrible for not calling though in case she's lost my number or something.

Sometimes it's such a hard job emotionally!x

You need to ring her. I always ring my elderly regulars if I've not heard from them for a while and sigh with relief when they answer the phone! One lost my number and was so grateful I called, another spent time in hospital and unfortunately another went into a nursing home. They are grateful you care!

I know. But I just know something has happened. She's already in a care home and they have my number and recommend me to all their residents and often ring me on behalf of them due to hard of hearing etc. I'm sure if she was ok they'd have called me or passed my number on if she'd lost it. I'm there tomo to see another lady so I'll enquire about her then x

Latest posts

Back