Deals of the day websites!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
Hi
I've noticed a local salon offers deals on various websites. The deals are usually around £50 worth of treatments for around £20
Have any of you geeks used these websites and how have you found them?
I'm just thinking about it!

In my opinion it's a race to the bottom - I have 15 chairs to fill and do it week after week without any of these deals and I have 8 people relying on me for their living!

Put it this way, if highlights cost me say £10 to do and there was a trend for offering highlights at £5 it would be more financially lucrative for me not to do the highlights in the first place - meanwhile let everyone else actually spend £5 everytime they did a client while I worked on promoting other services.

;)

Yes I agree, I wondered how on earth they do it. The treatments they are offering are shellac, massage, brow wax, eyelash & brow tint for £16, I wonder if it's even worth it! Th amount of time you would spend, it would only be worth giving the appointments out on quiet days. Crazy!

LOL. They do it because they mistake being busy with being successful.

Say they do 3 clients at £16 each - of which they only get £8 = £24 revenue.

Meanwhile, the salon across the road does 1 client at £30.

It's a no-brainer!

In my opinion it's a race to the bottom - I have 15 chairs to fill and do it week after week without any of these deals and I have 8 people relying on me for their living!

Put it this way, if highlights cost me say £10 to do and there was a trend for offering highlights at £5 it would be more financially lucrative for me not to do the highlights in the first place - meanwhile let everyone else actually spend £5 everytime they did a client while I worked on promoting other services.

;)

15 chairs? How do you keep them filled when weeks become slower?

15 chairs? How do you keep them filled when weeks become slower?

By doing my hardest to make sure that I either a) avoid the weeks becoming slower by pre-booking all clients before they leave or b) planning ahead for the weeks such as the 2nd week in January and set higher targets in December to cover the costs of those weeks so that it all evens out and remains profitable.

To get started I would always recommend selling the nearest appointment to now - client wants an appointment on Friday? Sell her either Wednesday or Thursday - you can sell Friday's appointment when the phone rings on Thursday but you can't fill yesterdays appointment when the phone rings tomorrow (if that makes sense).

:)

By doing my hardest to make sure that I either a) avoid the weeks becoming slower by pre-booking all clients before they leave or b) planning ahead for the weeks such as the 2nd week in January and set higher targets in December to cover the costs of those weeks so that it all evens out and remains profitable.

To get started I would always recommend selling the nearest appointment to now - client wants an appointment on Friday? Sell her either Wednesday or Thursday - you can sell Friday's appointment when the phone rings on Thursday but you can't fill yesterdays appointment when the phone rings tomorrow (if that makes sense).

:)

Yes completely! I'm now completely full for next week so it means the week after will now be when everyone that phones gets an appointment, means alot to me that I'm now having to tell clients to book in and don't leave it to last minute like some always do! X

Latest posts

Back