Debit card fraud

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh! Does that mean secondary school in September.
It does! She's my youngest too :( I think I'm getting old.. I'm hopeful comp will be better than juniors was tho, she diddnt enjoy the last few years, just the small task of getting her kitted out for comp now!

So sorry to hear that has happened to you. It's really disappointing that people are so dishonest these days. My sister is a single mother and had this happen to her. She was jobless at the time and relied off benefits and people still stole $400 from her. Hopefully one day we will live in a less selfish world.

This happened to me recently as well. The bank when they rang said that there were numerous transactions in the space of five or ten minutes. Loads of small transactions and then one big one. I got my money back, about. £850 but the bank said that I had used a website that had be compromised.

This happened to me recently as well. The bank when they rang said that there were numerous transactions in the space of five or ten minutes. Loads of small transactions and then one big one. I got my money back, about. £850 but the bank said that I had used a website that had be compromised.
Do you mind if I ask what the website was?

I don't think you'll find out what's happened. Mine was done about 6weeks ago. They bought something for about £6 from an American site (that was the tester transaction) then they tried to do the biggie which was to a Nat west card payment for about £480 but the bank stopped it. I have to say the bank know before I do!

Vic x

They refused point blank to tell me. I use the card very little and it was a relatively new card. I have pretty much ruled it down to 3 sites.

I strongly suspect that the site of a major UK retailer but couldn't say for sure.

These things happen everywhere. Credit card scams are on the rise. Do you remember any peculiar incident using your card in stores or online. In most cases, these are never found. I'm sorry for what happened to you. But, this can happen to anyone.

Happened to us too, some classy individual used our house debit card to go to Paddy Power then stay in a Travelodge. What a way to spend stolen money. If I was that way inclined I'd stay somewhere more classy! Anyway the bank reimbursed us completely as it was a rogue transaction (we only use that account for mortgage and bills) and we also reported it to the police. They got back to us 18 months later and said they'd caught the person doing it :)

Good to hear that they caught them Miss Sparkle.

Proper annoyed today, got a call from the bank to ask about some transactions on my business account, turns out when I went on holiday to west wales this week someone helped themselves to my hard earned cash!

What if like to know is do you ever find out how it happened? Or who did it?

It's driving me crazy trying to understand how it could have happened! I've had my card with me at all times but it WAS what I used while I was away, I never normally use this card either, there were a few small £10 transactions for some call thing, a paddy power one & an easy jet ticket, I don't even have a passport!

Now my account is blocked until they sort it all out, it's my daughters bloody birthday on Sunday too so I'll have no card to be able to pay for anything!

I'm praying my clients tommorow and Saturday pay in cash rather than card!

So annoyed!!
Did you pay for anything using your mobile? You have to be careful because a person holding a scanner can get all your card information just by being next to you.

One of my clients had £18,000 taken from her account with Barclays
They replaced it all for her thank goodness, don't know if all banks do that? Hope so

Did you pay for anything using your mobile? You have to be careful because a person holding a scanner can get all your card information just by being next to you.
No I haven't set up Apple Pay yet

Latest posts

Back