December offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's like offering a free eyebrow wax with full price Shellac nails?

yes that is adding value and then a person may come in again if they like treatment, it could be even smaller a gesture like a 10 minute hand massage which really only costs you time.

In terms of the vouchers I could be way off here but I *think* instead of having a monetary value a voucher states a service to be claimed in January.

So Mrs X buys a facial voucher that would ordinarily cost £100 but instead due to the pre pay promotion costs £90 & has to be used in January. So she gifts the voucher which merely says “luxury facial treatment to be redeemed in January” to a recipient who thinks Mrs X has paid 100 when in fact she has paid 90? Then you get a new client walking in with the voucher during your quiet month and hope to either upsell or at least retain them due to the great experience. Plus the money goes through the till in January so you still get a decent treatment price?

I am totally guessing.
It's nice that you can do that but the person who actually mentioned it can't :rolleyes:

If it's a scenario like this I can understand defo, but it's not heavily discounted really and this scenario no one losses much money & could potentially gain a new client :)

So it is discounting in January but taking payment for it in December.
Sorry I was being a bit dense.

For me it wouldn't work because charging less at a quiet time of year you'd make less money plus people will be using the vouchers and I'd feel like I was working for free.

In terms of the vouchers I could be way off here but I *think* instead of having a monetary value a voucher states a service to be claimed in January.

So Mrs X buys a facial voucher that would ordinarily cost £100 but instead due to the pre pay promotion costs £90 & has to be used in January. So she gifts the voucher which merely says “luxury facial treatment to be redeemed in January” to a recipient who thinks Mrs X has paid 100 when in fact she has paid 90? Then you get a new client walking in with the voucher during your quiet month and hope to either upsell or at least retain them due to the great experience. Plus the money goes through the till in January so you still get a decent treatment price?

I am totally guessing.

yes that is a perfect explanation thanks so much.

So it is discounting in January but taking payment for it in December.
Sorry I was being a bit dense.

For me it wouldn't work because charging less at a quiet time of year you'd make less money plus people will be using the vouchers and I'd feel like I was working for free.

You have to have really tried it I guess as many people do not redeem but pay like gift vouchers you have also ensured a certain amount of custom in a slow month and people who would come in January would still come and pay what they pay you are just filling up extra spaces as often it is better to have some clients than none/few at all to cover fixed costs and for appearances as a busy shop tends to become busier.

It's nice that you can do that but the person who actually mentioned it can't :rolleyes:

If it's a scenario like this I can understand defo, but it's not heavily discounted really and this scenario no one losses much money & could potentially gain a new client :)

I am sorry but I did try to explain BUT these ideas they are hard to show in theory you either understand adding value techniques in marketing and psycholigical price marketing or you do not as they and do not work for ALL clientele or businesses within hair, beauty and nails and they must be heavily adapted to suit business needs.

I meant it appears heavily discounted.

Latest posts

Back