Deltoid pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie34

Reaction score
Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but seeing as it's affecting my capacity to work, I put it here.

I have deltoid strain, and obviously, this is down to the massage therapy I'm giving others. I'm 58, so I think age has something to do with this. Anyone had this, or know how I can sort it? The pain is sharp, acute and just at the sides of the top of my arm and at the front. I have no pain with mobility of the joints, on shoulder or arm, just the muscle.

I'm not sure this is any help at all, but I've just been using this lady's 2 tips to ease "Mouse shoulder" caused by over-use of my computer mouse in a bad postiion.

It certainly isn't the whole answer to your problem, but might be a little piece of the jigsaw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxrkOB2Ltg

I'm not sure this is any help at all, but I've just been using this lady's 2 tips to ease "Mouse shoulder" caused by over-use of my computer mouse in a bad postiion.

It certainly isn't the whole answer to your problem, but might be a little piece of the jigsaw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxrkOB2Ltg

Thanks. I think I'm also suffering from trigger points. I'm going to use the old tennis ball method for releasing this for now, but it's bloody painful. I'm wondering if any other massage therapists have this problem.

Its repetitive strain injury from the sounds of it ie there would be many micro tears in the muscles and inflammation as your body tries to heal it. When a muscle fibre tears, the 2 torn ends have to reconnect- takes time and is initially a very fragile connection- if the same muscle is used too soon- it will tear again. The problem is if you don't let it heal, some of the recurrent healing will have scarring which is stiffer- so longer term issues.

You're probably looking at rest until a good number of fibres have healed and srtong enough to allow the rest to heal. Osteopathy will probably also help as its a study of muscle and connective tissue.

Latest posts

Back