Deposit drama!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie@lashout

Reaction score
Arrrrgh I'm going out of my mind!
I'm waiting on three deposits to be paid I've been waiting for 4 weeks!!!!
Pain in arse client 1: I started a thread at the start of may asking advice on a bizzare male client request. I thought it was a time waster as he has booked in for nails, lashes and full make up application but then thought her may be transgenger so I was OK of course......over £100 booking and I'm still waiting for the deposit. He said he would pay me in a few weeks time but his appointment is next week. I've said he must pay a booking fee 7 days min before the treatment. Nothing!
Pain in arse client 2: a bride I've done trial and she was going to pay me via bank transfer that evening well that waa back in April. Phone calls emails and messages later nothing. Still waiting for that £100
now I've just had a new booking say "well if I pay you a deposit to secure my appointment who's to say you will still turn up"
Is there no sense left in the world?! I'm trying to run and honest business but people are just out to get me!!!

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would suggest leaving them a message saying you have 12 hours or you loose your appointment. No point hanging on for a just incase when other people could have that appointment x

Client 1: Disregard the booking until you have money in your account.
Client 2: Chalk it up to experience. You shouldn't of left without being paid. Never believe anyone who says they will pay you tonight/tomorrow/next week/pay day/when the pig flys past the window.

I personally wouldn't pay a deposit to book someone. I understand with serial offenders but I don't think it's acceptable personally. Plenty of others out there who will do it without a deposit.

Don't get me wrong I understand for some people it works and it's fine and especially when you are VERY popular and continually booked weeks in advance but if your not or just starting out I think give everyone benefit of the doubt. Like I say for me I won't pay a deposit for someone mobile.

i do completely understand where your coming from.
yes there are people who would do it without a deposit. when is comes to weddings, its usually on a Saturday and further afield than i usually go to and plus its takes up a whole morning and they are booked 2 months in advance (sometimes) and its over £100 booking.

i just don't want to be turning away other weddings, or bookings on my busiest day of the week so somebody can let me down the week before their appointment. i get a lot of enquiries about weddings and i work at events as well which are over weekends, so too me deposits are key.

i never used to take deposits, but then i was loosing out as people "forgot to tell you" they are going to this that and the other.

and emily, i would leave her a message but "its currently busy"

i do completely understand where your coming from.
yes there are people who would do it without a deposit. when is comes to weddings, its usually on a Saturday and further afield than i usually go to and plus its takes up a whole morning and they are booked 2 months in advance (sometimes) and its over £100 booking.

i just don't want to be turning away other weddings, or bookings on my busiest day of the week so somebody can let me down the week before their appointment. i get a lot of enquiries about weddings and i work at events as well which are over weekends, so too me deposits are key.

i never used to take deposits, but then i was loosing out as people "forgot to tell you" they are going to this that and the other.

With weddings I do totally understand. Everything is deposit focused. A lot of my friends are wedding DJ's.

When photographing weddings, we do not take a deposit, as deposits are refundable. We take a booking fee, which is deductible from the overall fee and non refundable if cancelled.

I will have to start using that term I think!! Thank you x

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back