Deposit for Xmas bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxbeckihxx2547

Reaction score
Hi please can someone help.
I am going to start taking my Xmas bookings. But last year I had quite a few clients cancel last min or when I got to there house they cut down their appointment I.e if they were booked in for gel nails on hands and pedicure they wait for my to get to their house and say can they just have hands done. This has cost me an hour of my time!! I was thinking of taking a 50% diposit for all appointments made in the month of December. Would like some opinions on this please xxxx

I personally don't because I'm sure at that time of year you'd be able to advertise a free slot and fill it with a tan or something.
Keep posting the same thing in the weeks leading up to Xmas to remind customers to double check what they have booked as you have a waiting list. Then it gives the customers a chance to amend their bookings x

Definitely take a non refundable deposit of between 20-50% of the cost of the service for bookings for all of December. Why should you lose money because your client is being feckless?

You can point out to clients that it's a bit like a savings plan as they will only need to pay you £xx on the day.

Also, you have the option to accept a lower amount for regulars that are reliable clients.e

Definitely take a non refundable deposit of between 20-50% of the cost of the service for bookings for all of December. Why should you lose money because your client is being feckless?

You can point out to clients that it's a bit like a savings plan as they will only need to pay you £xx on the day.

Also, you gave the option to accept a lower amount for regulars that are reliable clients.
That's great thank you. I know most of my clients won't mind giving a diposit. but mainly for new clients that have been recommended to me I also do have a few clients that can be unreliable

I wrote and designed this for a client of mine recently. I think no-shows and lateness are endemic at the moment...and there's certainly no time for that at Xmas!

Attachments

• 14358997_672042252954399_4185385508942445738_n.jpg
    14358997_672042252954399_4185385508942445738_n.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
I wrote and designed this for a client of mine recently. I think no-shows and lateness are endemic at the moment...and there's certainly no time for that at Xmas!
That's a really good idea thank you xx

Latest posts

Back