Deposits for Xmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Hi geeks
So how many of you will be taking deposits for Xmas?
I'm thinking of taking deposits for any treatments over £40.
Luckily I had very few cancellations last year but we all know how that when money is tight as Xmas people have tendency to cancel at last min.

So if you are taking deposits how will you be doing it?
PayPal, cheque in post, dropped off personally etc / would be great to know

Thanks everyone :)

Hello

I didn't have many cancellations last year and so have not thought about a deposit thing.

If I was thinking of charging a deposit it would probs be cash x

Personally - I get the right hump with this deposit/early payment issue, purely because I have been going to the same nail salon regularly for 7 years (and this place is not cheap by any stretch) and every year come November you have to pay in full for all appointments in December. I think this is just disgraceful...and I tell them so....I have stopped using them altogether now.

Personally - I get the right hump with this deposit/early payment issue, purely because I have been going to the same nail salon regularly for 7 years (and this place is not cheap by any stretch) and every year come November you have to pay in full for all appointments in December. I think this is just disgraceful...and I tell them so....I have stopped using them altogether now.

I would not do this for my regulars but for new people I'm thinking off.

Reason being is that last year I was turning people away.
If someone cancels at last minute and you have turned away a client that then goes else where and you can't fill a slot then that's frustrating.

My business is lash extensions mainly so quite high price treatment, money that near Xmas a lot if people that then can't afford it.
Of course people have every right to cancel just trying to prevent it from impacting on my business at this time of year.

Im taking 50% non refunable deposit from new clienrs that want to book me for December appointments. They can pay via PayPal so we both have proof of payment.
Ive been messed around and lost too much time and money in the past with time wasting clients who think nothing of cancelling you with 20mins notice OR let me drive 25mins to their house to do a booking of 5 girls, to probably find there will only be 1 or 2 there when I turn up. GRRR! No more mrs "i have nothing better to do with my time lady!" :mad:

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Any deposit either by paypal or CNP card transactions can be subject to chargeback if the client chooses to appeal or deny that they gave permission....

If you don't normally take a deposit and feel the need to do it for Christmas perhaps advertise it like a promotion with entry into a free draw for a luxury treatment or a goody bag /hamper for all pre booked appointments and as part of the terms you could state that a deposit is required.

Jack

Latest posts

Back