Depression

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please read CRACKED BY JAMES DAVIES before you take the pills route. you still have to work out what is the cause of depression even if you mask it with pills for abit. There are loads of reasons for depression .... your early years as a child.... coeliac...... bullying at work....contraception pill.....bad relationship..... other medication you are on.....recreational drugs.....stress.....etc. Its up to you to work it out. Eating a healthy gluten free diet ,exercise, checking out your other medication(not just on the side effects list but looking on an internet forum people will tell you the real side effects!), sorting your life out(make it simple and less stressful) and getting a new interesting hobby should be a good start. we have all been there xx

This is great advise

There's a couple of things you've said that stuck out to me. You said you can't go to exercise class because you're scared people will stare, and then the bit about the trolleys in supermarket. This sounds like anxiety issues to me, social ones, the latter being a fight or flight response, and you absolutely do not need to be embarrassed about this! You'll feel so much better if you get the right help. I'm going through CBTnow, and its working wonders for me. I'm also on Prozac every day. It helps!!good luck, I really understand where you're at honey xxx

I too struggle with anxiety on and off for 8 years. The past few months it has gotten quite bad, but I feel like I have learnt too control it. And I always keep the thought in my mind 'this will pass' and it usually does. It's an awful feeling and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. You've made the first step of booking an appointment at the doctors and you just look at it as going there too get information about the options too you, listen too the doctors advice and then take some time too decide what you want too do. Discuss your concerns about medication with your doctor. I have Bach's Rescue Remedy, you can get it from health food shops and supermarkets and this has helped me tremendously, I have the drops and put it in water which I drink throughout the day. There's lots of ways which you can get help, just spend a little time finding out what will work best for you. You have been very brave too open up about your feelings and by the response on here you have helped many others speak about it too. I wish you all the best in which ever route you choose too take xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

thank you geeks for your input….well after having 1 good day today and yesterday its come back with vengeance. this morning i cant stop crying!! :( its a beautiful day outside and here i am unable to get dressed or get out! i feel ridiculous! The crying is subsiding slightly now but my word ive got a headache from now and i feel exhausted mentally.

I will read that book but to be honest i am at a loss, im so on the edge i really dont know what to do with myself. Im trying so hard, im going out running and walking to get out the frustration, im eating a healthy diet, im researching, im trying to figure out the problem but i dont know what it is apart from normal everyday life that everyone has.

I feel like such a dramatic queen but im so lost. I really feel like im going to loose it. Im so glad i have drs monday, i really dont want the medication but i feel i need something to take the edge off. I cant go on like this crying hysterically every two minutes, feeling alone and so sad. Hopefully if they can help balance me then i can try figure what wrongs with a balance mind.

I am forcing myself to walk into town soon, its sunny out i will force myself to go out and walk to town and then im going to holland and barret to find some mood menders. I need something to mask this, i feel awful :(

sorry to dampen everyones spirits and be so miserable but need to get this one off my chest today.

There's a couple of things you've said that stuck out to me. You said you can't go to exercise class because you're scared people will stare, and then the bit about the trolleys in supermarket. This sounds like anxiety issues to me, social ones, the latter being a fight or flight response, and you absolutely do not need to be embarrassed about this! You'll feel so much better if you get the right help. I'm going through CBTnow, and its working wonders for me. I'm also on Prozac every day. It helps!!good luck, I really understand where you're at honey xxx

thank you, you do have a very good point here, it is fight or flight even with the most silly situations. im glad youve found something that is working for you, ive heard many good things about that. xxxx

when you go to the docs please have a test for ceoliac. They wont offer you one even though they know it is a common cause for depression cos it wont make them any money, the cure is a gluten free diet. Anyone who has ever had IBS, headaches, lethargy, joint pain (loads of symptoms, google ceoliac) IBS has been miss diagnosed for years. I had it for 20yrs or so i thought! I didnt take pills for it because they made me feel worse so i found a wheat free diet worked for my stomach and head aches, i also felt less down but didnt connect it to my diet. More recently i read loads about ceoliac and went on a completely gluten free diet........ amazing!! Even my joint ache and eczema have gone and i have loads of energy. Its a shame i spent so many years of my life feeling just ok but it was better than feeling absolutly crap like i did all my teenage years. Find the trigger and you will get better it just takes some of us longer than others Good luck xx

Also ask to have your B12 tested, a deficiency in this causes depression x

Because depression is in my family I used to work for the mental health team linked to social services ..
The very fact that you've admitted how you feel you will now be more receptive to treatment ... You should saySo what if you need medication it is far better to have it now rather than it get worse and the choice taken away from you..
It is very common and because you can't see it no one knows .. It is a chemical imbalance that cannot be corrected unless diagnosed of the level that you're at ... BUT that imbalance can escalate and you will suffer more.

Trust me get everything you can now to correct it before it overtakes you.
No shame in this, it's not your fault, you deserve to live a happy life but you have to do your bit too... Good luck and take care, you are worth it! Xx

Latest posts

Back