Dermalogica help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hev2093

Reaction score
I’ve ran out of dermalogica clean massage oil base is there anything else I can use until I can get some more delivered?
Many thanks!

Use a lotion or cream as a substitute. While these may not provide the same level of slip as massage oil, they can still be effective for massage and can be a good option if you do not have any oil or carrier oil on hand.
So could I use coconut oil or olive oil as a substitute?

I wouldn’t use olive oil as it’s quite greasy on the skin and clients may not like it.

You could use coconut oil, grape seed oil or almond oil. You could also use baby oil. If you have any after wax oil that would be ok.

I massage feet with after wax lotion which works well on feet, it absorbs quite quickly though, which wouldn’t be ideal for a body massage, I prefer lotion on feet because I don’t want clients slipping on the floor after their massage, nor do I want to be scrubbing oily feet prints off the floor,

You can use a combo of oil and lotion to help you control slip and excessive oiliness. If your emergency oil has quite a strong aroma, mixing with lotion will help,

Latest posts

Back