Dermalogica price increase for us, rrp gone down for the consumer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Am I being thick as my rep is presenting this as a good thing.

We are losing some of our salon size products and will have to purchase the retail size.
Products sold to us have gone up by 2% but they have reduced the rrp on some products up to £4!??

So we are paying out more but selling for less, which means that we ( the stockist) have quite a big profit loss on sales, how is this being dressed up as a good thing? Nothing good in it for the stockist, just Dermalogica. and the consumer.

I can't get my head round why, as I've said above, my rep is making out this is great!!

Personally I would be highly upset as I have seen a lot of negatives from since the brand got bought out by a big company it’s all about the sales and they cut costs where possible. There is a defiantly shift this is felt in all countries even in my countries a lot of stockists have been upset by the online promotion and retailing cutting sales from salons who have done all the ground work in making he brand successful to begin with!

Luckily I ditched them years ago! Happy with Environ and Mario Badescu and sticking to my those two brands .

Personally I would be highly upset as I have seen a lot of negatives from since the brand got bought out by a big company it’s all about the sales and they cut costs where possible. There is a defiantly shift this is felt in all countries even in my countries a lot of stockists have been upset by the online promotion and retailing cutting sales from salons who have done all the ground work in making he brand successful to begin with!

Luckily I ditched them years ago! Happy with Environ and Mario Badescu and sticking to my those two brands .
I really want to get Environ!!

I really want to get Environ!!
Why don't you look at the price rise from dermalogica as an excuse to get Environ? You do now have to purchase the machine but you can get it on finance until you've paid off the amount. Give iiaa a call and they'll book you an appointment with your area manager. It's honestly the best brand I've ever worked with and the layout is such a great investment into your business x

Yay come on board with environ Carla x

Slowly but surely. Dermalogica will be all over Boot's and Lloyds pharmacies nationwide very soon, no other reason why they would raise your cost price and lower the RRP. What else was going to happen when the company was sold to Unilever!

Environ are a very good brand however we had it alongside Eve Taylor until last month and now gone all in with Eve Taylor. Outstanding results driven brand in all aspects and retails like nothing I've ever had or worked with before. You should give them a call too!

S x

This is so sad ! I trained years ago with dermalogica and love their products. I always promote their products wherever I can even though we don’t sell in salon.

I hope it really doesn’t end up in retail stores

Latest posts

Back