Dermalogica start up for a beauty room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
Ok so I've just been to the beauty show and spoke to a rep at dermalogica. I want to offer their facials but almost had a heart attack at the start up costs. Any of you who took the plunge! Is it worth it? Thanks x

Yes totally! It has transformed my business. You can pay the opening order monthly over six months, dont know if they told you this? I have no regrets at all

Ok so I've just been to the beauty show and spoke to a rep at dermalogica. I want to offer their facials but almost had a heart attack at the start up costs. Any of you who took the plunge! Is it worth it? Thanks x

I understand I saved for a year because I knew I wanted Dermalogica and didn't want to owe money to a company for skin products, it's transformed my business I sell lots of it and it only keeps growing and the training is excellent with continuos classes not just for their products but class's that delve into topics such as acne, pigmentation, ageing skins etc very intensively plus they run business classes which are worth attending.
I would recommend purchasing the package with the tester stand as it works out free - I didn't and a month later I purchased it because I needed it - I could have saved £'s!

Thanks girls. I'm so scarred to take plunge. My hubby said I should try and use another brand that doesn't require U to spend so much at first x

This is a hard one, I use Dermalogica and it is a great product luckily I took over the account when I took over the salon I'm in so never had to pay the start up cost, however after 5 years of working with it I wouldn't pay the start up cost as I am aware of how expensive it is and there is a lot of other brands that are equally as good. Clients can now by Dermalogica from boots which Isn't good for salons, before I would get people just coming to my salon to pacifically buy Dermalogica but know they can easily get it in boots it has changed things.

They are also always putting there prices up and have different price bands- those who spend more are charged more.

This is a hard one, I use Dermalogica and it is a great product luckily I took over the account when I took over the salon I'm in so never had to pay the start up cost, however after 5 years of working with it I wouldn't pay the start up cost as I am aware of how expensive it is and there is a lot of other brands that are equally as good. Clients can now by Dermalogica from boots which Isn't good for salons, before I would get people just coming to my salon to pacifically buy Dermalogica but know they can easily get it in boots it has changed things.

They are also always putting there prices up and have different price bands- those who spend more are charged more.

Dermalogica is not available in boots who has told you this? It is available in the high end dept stores Selfridges & harvey Nichols but only retail not pro treatments, And I'm not aware of price bands either, I think they used to have price bands years ago but not anymore - only thing I know about it is smaller salons are now not forced to buy so many of each product to qualify for free gifts etc.

Love daily micropholliant (Prob spelt wrong but you know what I mean!)

Can I ask the start up cost for dermalogica? The fact it's sold on any high street is shocking !! You can buy it online I always buy from pure beauty. But I'm clueless to how much salon make on each product xx

Can I ask the start up cost for dermalogica? The fact it's sold on any high street is shocking !! You can buy it online I always buy from pure beauty. But I'm clueless to how much salon make on each product xx

It is not available on any high street - where are geeks getting their info from? It's available from salons who stock it, Harvey Nics & selected Selfridges and online websites that I agree shouldn't be allowed to sell it as if you buy from an online retailer you won't be receiving the full service of a skin therapist like you will in a authorised salon. We cannot put trade prices on this site. X

Also can I ask why you opt to purchase from an online retailer over a authorised salon stockist? I'm just curious x

They introduced price bands to stop online retailers from being able to sell it so cheap! A salon would never reach the second price band so no worries there! The opening order is expensive but what you have to remember is its not wasted money, it's buying the products!! You just have to buy everything to start with but as soon as you start retailing you start getting your money back

Yes love x
It's free next day delivery and its cheaper you get lots of free samples to try lots of different things. I trained with dermalogica 2004 so I know a lot of products have changed but I stick to what I know with my skin.

Yes love x
It's free next day delivery and its cheaper you get lots of free samples to try lots of different things. I trained with dermalogica 2004 so I know a lot of products have changed but I stick to what I know with my skin.

I had a couple of clients who did buy from another online site but I've now began to match the online price - in fact I do a 10% discount and it works out cheaper now to buy from my salon than online for them - plus any client that purchases anyway always revives samples and when spending over £60 a free gift. Sometimes it's worth supporting local business than big online retailers - just a thought x

Latest posts

Back