Dermaplaning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missjlp83

Reaction score
Hi, I want to get into the beauty industry and really want to set up my own business from home and being mobile.

I'm doing my LVL lash course tomorrow but really want to get into luxury facial, dermaplaning and microneedling.

I have been told I need to obtain a level 2 and 3 facial qualification in order to be able to do a dermaplaning and microneedling course.

Can anyone recommend any beauty schools as I'm really struggling as so many microneedling places claim you don't need prior qualifications which I have been told is not true as a new legislation coming into place will remain no insurance company will touch you.

I'm in the Harrow area and would like to do my level 2 and 3 facial course, then go on to do dermaplaning and microneedling.

Any recommendations and advice would be greatly appreciated

There is currently no legislation in place. There are recommendations but that is all, and they're for a level 4 qualification which you'd struggle to do without 2 and 3. Having said that, I would expect a minimum level 2 for most treatments, and check your local council. Many are stopping therapists working anywhere - even from home - without a minimum level 2 qualification.

At the end of the day, if you can get insurance, you're covered x

I'm surprised you can do any lash training without having done eye treatments first. But then I read LVL are happy to teach Lash lift then tell you you can't tint... I would hope things haven't changed that much that you can now be insured without the basics. It follows that a lash client might want her brows tidied, without other training you couldn't do that... so it also follows you need basic skin knowledge before puncturing it with needles Some company somewhere will take your money to train you though but you will struggle for insurance without the levels 2/3/4 whatever it is where you are. Scotland it's a level 6 before Dermaplane x

There is currently no legislation in place. There are recommendations but that is all, and they're for a level 4 qualification which you'd struggle to do without 2 and 3. Having said that, I would expect a minimum level 2 for most treatments, and check your local council. Many are stopping therapists working anywhere - even from home - without a minimum level 2 qualification.

At the end of the day, if you can get insurance, you're covered x
Thank you xx

I'm surprised you can do any lash training without having done eye treatments first. But then I read LVL are happy to teach Lash lift then tell you you can't tint... I would hope things haven't changed that much that you can now be insured without the basics. It follows that a lash client might want her brows tidied, without other training you couldn't do that... so it also follows you need basic skin knowledge before puncturing it with needles Some company somewhere will take your money to train you though but you will struggle for insurance without the levels 2/3/4 whatever it is where you are. Scotland it's a level 6 before Dermaplane x
Thanks for replying.
We only tint the top lashes with LVL, not allowed to do the bottom lashes unless you are tint trained.
I want to do my level 2 and 3 before doing a microneedling and dermaplaning course as I want to ensure I am fully knowledgeable and confident in what I am doing. The trainer for my LVL course has given me a contact so will call her to have a chat and hopefully get some courses booked up

Latest posts

Back