Dermaplaning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashesbya

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been doing dermaplaning for a while now but I’ve noticed I can’t always get all the hairs they have mostly all gone but there are some tiny almost stubs of vellus hair left, is this normal or I am not stretching the skin enough

I notice this too, it’s so frustrating! I’ve been using the 10R blades, and using a lotion for glide, I don’t know if that makes a difference to how effectively the peach fuzz is removed

Sometimes you can dry the skin out too much with an IPA prep if that's what your using. Especially if the skins already dry and dehydrated. Will make it more difficult for the blade to slide over the skin, even if you have good skin tension. Try doing a deep cleanse first. It sounds counter intuitive because they say try to keep the skin dry for traditional dermaplaning. But the hair can turn too brittle, tough and just stick to the skin instead of getting chopped off. Try going in different directions as well. Hope this is making sense lol... You can also try wet dermaplaning with coconut oil, takes a bit of practice. It may also be the general health of the client as well, including their medications. Lots of variables at play. I'm afraid it's just a case of trial and error.

Hope this helps.

Nicky

Latest posts

Back