Desperately need advice on straighteners. GHDs have died!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a bit of advice with what straighteners to buy. I think my GHDs have gone or are on their way to heaven. The little led light on them keeps cutting out.

It's typical used to only use them a couple times a week but I've now had my hair cut into a style that requires straightening daily even if just a little bit.

I'm not a hair geek so I've no idea what to go for, do I just buy new GHDs?!

Xx

Hi guys,

After a bit of advice with what straighteners to buy. I think my GHDs have gone or are on their way to heaven. The little led light on them keeps cutting out.

It's typical used to only use them a couple times a week but I've now had my hair cut into a style that requires straightening daily even if just a little bit.

I'm not a hair geek so I've no idea what to go for, do I just buy new GHDs?!

Xx

No cloud 9 are the way forward :0) they are fab! And you can adjust the temperature!

I researched the same thing on this site and came across an interesting thread which said that Cloud Nine straighteners were made by the original GHD makers in the original factory ... or something like that lol.

Based on this I bought the Cloud Nine straighteners and they are every bit as good as my GHD's.

I am sure the geek who provided that info will be along shortly and put right my probably wrong information.

I think it might have been BlueRinse? Or Tomme?

xx

I researched the same thing on this site and came across an interesting thread which said that Cloud Nine straighteners were made by the original GHD makers in the original factory ... or something like that lol.

Based on this I bought the Cloud Nine straighteners and they are every bit as good as my GHD's.

I am sure the geek who provided that info will be along shortly and put right my probably wrong information.

I think it might have been BlueRinse? Or Tomme?

xx

Yes I believe it was me, and yes your correct my lovely x

Where can I get cloud nines from? And roughly how much would I be looking at? You can pm me if easier. I've only got a sallys near me and most of the salons in my town sell ghds.

Best new straighteners out are session instant heat by diva- they're amazing!!! And cost much less than ghd's. they sell them at salon services

I agree that the new gold ghds are terrible but the old mark4 ghds are as good as ever. They are on offer this month at £79 so if I was you I'd grab a pair now. In February they'll go back up to £99 x

I agree that the new gold ghds are terrible but the old mark4 ghds are as good as ever. They are on offer this month at £79 so if I was you I'd grab a pair now. In February they'll go back up to £99 x

Where are they on offer at? It's all so confusing lol x

How long have u had your ghds? Mine did the exact same after a year or so, I checked the ghd website found a section on broken / faulty ghds and sent them off to the address given. A week later a new pair of ghds arrived at my doorstep and it was clearly a manufacturing fault that they no longer work. Not top sure how many years they are under a manufacturer guarantee but may be worth a quick search on their site? X

How long have u had your ghds? Mine did the exact same after a year or so, I checked the ghd website found a section on broken / faulty ghds and sent them off to the address given. A week later a new pair of ghds arrived at my doorstep and it was clearly a manufacturing fault that they no longer work. Not top sure how many years they are under a manufacturer guarantee but may be worth a quick search on their site? X

No idea how long but at least 7 years old so doubt they'd be covered now lol x

Give corioliss a go. Family of mine are giving up their working ghd irons for them now.
Fhi are good though and are made by the old kodo manufacturer. I still have kodo's at home, over 8 years old and still brilliant xoxo

Most ghd salons should have the offer on now. It's £20 off stylers. If not www.ghdhair.com (the official website) have got the sale on too x

I can't fault my cloud 9's, I'm so glad I changed from GHD x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

One of the hairdressers in our salon uses and loves her Diva Argan S5 elite straighteners.
They are on offer in Capital at the moment for £xxx if that's any help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My stepdad says the cable is what's wrong with my ghds do he's ordered a new one from them do fingers crossed it works. If not I think I will be ordering some cloud 9s xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Same problem as mine, the ghds would constantly turn on and of whilst using them unless I held the cable in a certain way! Must be a fault within them as a friend of mine had the same problem.

Just a quick update my ghds have been fixed!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

The bottom one is where my stepdad got the new lead from for about £12 and he fitted it himself. So I'm happy it only cost £12 and not £100 odd for a new one.

Latest posts

Back