detox foot spa treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

A local salon is offering this service.

To be honest when i saw it i thought 'HOW ON EARTH DOES THAT WORK'

Has anyone tried it ?? Is it Twoddle?

http://www.allergytestuk.net/

Text off the website as follows..................

This amazing new treatment involves placing the feet in a "foot spa" of warm water, which holds the Detox unit. A highly sophisticated "array" causes ionisation of the water and can help re-balance electro-magnetic forces in the body. The unit causes electric dialysis by producing electromagnetic oscillations in the water. The colour and consistency of the water may change due to the release of unwanted toxins through the 2000 pores on the soles of each foot. Part of the colour change is also due to the corrosion of the array during the treatment.

I've heard about this!! I think the water is charged with positive ions so that they attract the negative ions from the body or somthing like that!

Thats not very useful really but it might help a bit!!

Tilly xx

Hi there - I'm no expert, but I've seen these at the trade shows etc. and must admit that it looks like a total con to me. Having said that, I haven't actually looked into the ins and outs of the 'science bit' but must say I'm fairly sceptical! If anyone can prove to me that they work then I'd consider it, but the idea of my body churning out this rusty brown gunk & me sitting there with my feet in it doesn't appeal! x

I saw an ad for one of these machines in Scratch mag - they're really expensive, over a grand I think. The salon at my local gym offers this treatment, I've not had it done but I know a few people who have and they all said it was fantastic and really revitalising. so who knows, might be a load of twoddle but I personally will try it before i knock it!!!

I've heard that you need to take a course of treatments, as opposed to just one to get the full benefit ... that can work out to be very expensive ... £35.00 a go at a local salon near me.

I saw it done once, to a lady who was both a smoker and a drinker ... the water turned a disgusting black colour and had an oily film skimming over the top of it ... not very attractive I can tell you (the water, not the lady :!: :lol: ).

Who knows if it works or not ... I like to ask someone who's completed a course of treatments as to whether they feel revitalised or not.

Latest posts

Back