Detox-support, feedback, challenge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam1206

Reaction score
So I've decided to do a detox! I'm not unhappy with my weight, I'm comfortable in my skin, however I feel like crap! Bloated, uncomfortable and I feel a detox cleanse will give me a kick start to a more healthy eating option.

I know a lot of people are skeptical but just thought I'd share my experience on this. I'm going to use the forever living cloud 9 detox, and I start next Saturday. (I'm not a supplier or distributor for this brand I just like their other products)

Any weight loss is a bonus and I don't think fast weight loss stays so like I said it's to get a good cleanse and a fresh start to a healthier lifestyle.

If anyone wants to join me, or has any feedback (preferably good for motivation!) or just wants to give me a bit of support over the 9 days I'd love to hear from you!

I did this last year and I think I lost 5 or 6lb. I would do it again but I wont lie it is hard the first 2-3 days! Unfortunately it didnt kick start my healthy diet though as I put the weight back on but I think this isnt all about weight loss it's about cleansing you internally too xx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea I've heard reports that it's very difficult for the first few days. I'm a complete junk food binger so I'm pretty sure the while 9 days are gonna be difficult for me!!

Yea I agree it's not about weight loss, I could lose a good bit of weight if I just dieted for 9 days. I'm looking forward to feeling better afterwards which I've been told is a great feeling.

Can I just ask why is it hard? What does the detox entail?

A true detox wouldn't involve shakes which are full of palm oil, artificial sweeteners, xanam gum, and chemicals!
Even the aloe vera gel is full of crap, strange when it is a naturally derived product available as a pure drink from most health food shops.
The idea of a detox is to cut all chemicals out of your diet not pump it full of new ones! I can't find a full ingredients list for this particular forever living "detox" (which in itself is odd) but these are other products from the same company plus the aloe gel.
Will you lose weight? Yes probably because you are slashing your calorie intake to silly low, messing up your metabolism. You could easily do a detox yourself with natural ingredients and a cheap juicer. Cut out all wheat and dairy plus no meat and eat just natural foods (limited fruit).
Why are people still taken in by this rubbish?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405494448866.jpg
    1405494448866.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 1405494458516.jpg
    1405494458516.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 96
I knew there would be people comment who only want to bash it, and that's fine if that's your opinion, thanks for sharing.

I'm lazy, I need everything sitting out for me or I'll cheat, that's why I've chosen a detox where everything is included!

I knew there would be people comment who only want to bash it, and that's fine if that's your opinion, thanks for sharing.

I'm lazy, I need everything sitting out for me or I'll cheat, that's why I've chosen a detox where everything is included!

There is no lazy way of losing weight and keeping it off. Ps. IT IS NOT A DETOX! the definition of detox is to remove toxins from your body not fill it with drugs (you are aware that some of the ingredients are drugs arnt you?) Sugar, sweetners and corn syrup (the worse "food" for your metabolism)
You are not detoxifying your body in any way, you are pumping it full of rubbish and in about a months time you will have regained any weight you have lost, so you will do it again- only it gets harder every time as your body is holding on to anything it can from it's "feast" phase as it knows it will soon be made to starve again.
Honestly, come back in 3 months and let us know how it is going for you ;)

Why is this annoying you so much? I've chosen to do it, you don't agree, that's fine I don't expect everyone to agree, you don't need to leave, what are coming across as aggressive posts. I've not put this thread up as a debate.

Why is this annoying you so much? I've chosen to do it, you don't agree, that's fine I don't expect everyone to agree, you don't need to leave, what are coming across as aggressive posts. I've not put this thread up as a debate.

I am not annoyed at all. I am trying to save you being scammed :)

I am not annoyed at all. I am trying to save you being scammed :) plus telling the truth and not a sales spiel full of lies ;) "doctor approved product"- which medical doctor would that be then? Because surely if it an amazing "medically approved" weight loss method then it should be available on the NHS?

I don't think NearlyMe comes across as aggressive. She's brilliant for nutrition and fitness knowledge, I've learnt plenty from her posts. She was pointing out the recipe for the detox you may not have read?
I would also love to hear the results after you've done this detox :)

Well then thank you for your concern, I did find some of your feedback interesting, and I do agree that there are far better ways to detox with healthy food but honestly, if it involves anything that I have to actually make an effort in doing, then I really will fail as I have done many times. I like this one as I've literally all the equipment to do it, I use their gels and find them so good.

The 'detox' ;) has been ordered so no backing out. Honest feedback wether I felt it worked or that it was just a load of bullcrap will be given at the end!

Well then thank you for your concern, I did find some of your feedback interesting, and I do agree that there are far better ways to detox with healthy food but honestly, if it involves anything that I have to actually make an effort in doing, then I really will fail as I have done many times. I like this one as I've literally all the equipment to do it, I use their gels and find them so good.

The 'detox' ;) has been ordered so no backing out. Honest feedback wether I felt it worked or that it was just a load of bullcrap will be given at the end!

Thing is it will work, you will lose weight. It will be water weight but weight all the same. So I think I am more interested in seeing if it stays off ;)
Next time try eating clean. Fruit and veg is nature's "fast food", it comes in it's own handy, ergonomically designed form. It contains no drugs or chemicals.
Whole grains, legumes and nuts are natures savior. Quick to prepare ( put cous cous in bowl, cover with boiling water, leave for ten mins, throw in some veg) and hey presto- clean, detoxifying meal.
Drink 3l of cold water a day- this in itself often helps me drop a few pound
Drink green tea instead of coffee and you will turn into a fat burning machine!
Use the money you save on gimmick diets to get a hot new bikini

I already drink green tea, yay!

Honestly, it's really not about the weight, I've heard on average 5-8lbs in the 9 days, and I've lost that before on healthy eating in 9 days. I'm doing it to feel cleansed, and I'm hoping that once I've done it the healthy eating will kick in as I've worked so hard for the 9 days. Plus there's the curiosity, and the fact my friend is doing it so I jumped on the band wagon!

I eat sooo much chocolate, sweets n crisps and I just can't stop no matter what I've tried. I'm also a constant over eater. This is kind of like my last resort, I've tried so many times to eat healthy, and it's work and then I fall off again :(

I don't care if I lose weight, I'd be happy the weight I am if I just felt better, more energetic and less sluggish all the time. That's my aim, to actually have energy!

So is it just a drink 3 times a day? If it gives you the boost to start a healthy new lifestyle after then that really is great. I found that the more I exercise the less rubbish I wanted to eat.

Not 100% sure as I haven't got the details in front of me but it's a protein type shake, and an aloe vera drink, you get some other supplements to take if you wish too. The first two days are 2 protein shakes, water and green tea, rest of the days are the same but your allowed a healthy evening meal. I'll confirm when I get it!

Latest posts

Back