Developed a fear of flying....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi

This may sound stupid but I think I have developed a fear of flying.

I have been on a plane heaps of times, been on a plane 6 times this year, but the last few times I have realy bricked myself!

I dont know why but every bit of turbulance makes me come out in a cold sweat and I get pulpitations. I am quite worried as Im going to India in 7 weeks and I am not looking forward to the flying.

Has anyone else had this problem and why do you think it is?

xx

Hi

This may sound stupid but I think I have developed a fear of flying.

I have been on a plane heaps of times, been on a plane 6 times this year, but the last few times I have realy bricked myself!

I dont know why but every bit of turbulance makes me come out in a cold sweat and I get pulpitations. I am quite worried as Im going to India in 7 weeks and I am not looking forward to the flying.

Has anyone else had this problem and why do you think it is?

xx

Me and flying dont go I am scared and have even had therapy to help me with this fear, I dont know why I hate it so much but it sends me into panic mode.

Poor you can't say I've had this problem. Athought my mum's boyfriend has just started flying again as she bullied him into it. He was like you flying all the time no problems then one day he just freaked and hadn't been on a plane for about 15 years or more he has now been to Ireland a couple of times and to spain but still isn't over it properly. Hope you get on ok and don't panic.

speak soon

Well, I sympathise with you, I have the same problem at the minute!

I dont know why though, that's the bit that's doing me head in.

xx

Well, I sympathise with you, I have the same problem at the minute!

I dont know why though, that's the bit that's doing me head in.

xx

Emma have you had any bad experiences flying ??
Lost anyone close to you ???
These can be triggers for some people

You are not one on your own, my sister is exactly the same as you. She has just returned from the Maldives, when she was about to board the plane, she was petrified. She had such a bad flight a few years ago, its made her this way.

The cabin crew were very good, they advised her the plane can withstand all thunderstorms, turbulance, etc. She now takes calms and rescue remedy two weeks before flying. Does help her. She now advises the holiday company the way she feels before she flies, and they always sit her at the front of the plane in case she needs extra help and reassurance. xx

i have a big fear of flying, i tryed the virgin flying without fear course but it didnt work and last year i totaly freaked on a flight to ibiza, i jumped out my seat and started screaming during take off, i am booked to fly to ireland in 3 weeks so i am seeing a hypnotherapist at the moment, im realy hopeing it works as i miss out on loads by not flying:cry:
i hope you can combat your fear huny

Emma have you had any bad experiences flying ??
Lost anyone close to you ???
These can be triggers for some people

I lost a very close childhood friend in a motor bike accident in June.... Do you think this could have something to do with it???

xx

i have a big fear of flying, i tryed the virgin flying without fear course but it didnt work and last year i totaly freaked on a flight to ibiza, i jumped out my seat and started screaming during take off, i am booked to fly to ireland in 3 weeks so i am seeing a hypnotherapist at the moment, im realy hopeing it works as i miss out on loads by not flying:cry:
i hope you can combat your fear huny

Poor you! And I thought I was scared!

Hope everything goes ok for you xxxx

I think the older you get the worse you get lol.
I have been on a plane loads of times but now i have a little boy i have got worse.
I always say never again and still book a holiday for the year after lol.

I don't mind flying, but hate turbulence ... what gets me through it though is to think that all those people sitting up front in business and first class are experiencing exactly the same as me!

Turbulance for pilots is the equivalent to cobblestones for motorists - it's nothing dangerous, it's just uncomfortable for your passengers.

All you (the passanger) can do it sit it out....and breathe....most people who are frightened just tense up and hold their breath and this makes the whole anxiety worse, try to take deep breaths and while you are doing this the pilots will be calling air traffic control to request a climb to get above the turbulance and all will return to normal as they reach smoother air.

Different routes encounter different levels of turbulance, if you are crossing large mountain regions you will feel it more, and believe it or not the only people who have been injured by turbulance were people WHO WERE NOT WEARING A SEAT BELT and fell out of their seat or over in the aisle :smack: !! so buckle up!!!

Noodle, sorry to break it to you but ... turbulance is not felt as much in the front of the plane, it's actually felt more the further back you go, so you need to asking for seats in row 3 not row 33 :green: .

Kittenclaws - you rarely feel turbulance on a flight from London to Dublin because they climb up immediately after departure and it is a straght routing, over relatively flat terrain. It's out of london, up to birmingham and take a left, just enough time for a coffe & a kit kat & then it's time to start the decent. nice & straight forward, you'll manage it no problem, and think of all the cheap shopping over in dublin to look forward to!!!

....fair play to you guys for facing your fears though, it will make you a bigger and braver person :lol: !!

Kittenclaws - you rarely feel turbulance on a flight from London to Dublin because they climb up immediately after departure and it is a straght routing, over relatively flat terrain. It's out of london, up to birmingham and take a left, just enough time for a coffe & a kit kat & then it's time to start the decent. nice & straight forward, you'll manage it no problem, and think of all the cheap shopping over in dublin to look forward to!!!

....fair play to you guys for facing your fears though, it will make you a bigger and braver person :lol: !!

thanks for this hun, i have another appointment with the hypnotist tomarrow and im counting the day till the flight:eek: , my kids keep telling me if i panic they will slap me as that is what the have seen on tv:eek::smack: , it will be the 1st time i have been on a plane with the kids

my kids keep telling me if i panic they will slap me as that is what the have seen on tv:eek::smack: , it will be the 1st time i have been on a plane with the kids

well im in the aiport & i see a woman with some kids packing baseball bats into their carry on luggage i'll presume that's you :lol: !!

well im in the aiport & i see a woman with some kids packing baseball bats into their carry on luggage i'll presume that's you :lol: !!
pmsl, what airport do you work at and what is it you do? sorry if im being a nosey mare:eek:

pmsl, what airport do you work at and what is it you do? sorry if im being a nosey mare:eek:

god i don't work at an airport - wouldnt have the patience for dealing with unreasonable passengers :lol: I fly a private plane hence the understanding of turbulance - you tell me where you are flying to and i'll tell you how many cups of coffee & kit kats you can eat before you are there :lol: !!)

Hi

Well thanks for your advise, I feel a bit better now.

xx

Latest posts

Back