Devon lashers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I trained in lash extensions in my college but to be honest the training was rubbish and I have no confidence in my lashes at all (I use the full lash base kit including sensitive glue). After reading lots of lashing posts I realised we were taught a few bad techniques (we were told if you couldn't isolate just stick the lash to a couple of lashes). Also we wasn't taught the different looks you can create.

I'm looking to retrain, So my question is who's the best to train with in Devon/south west? I can't really travel further at the moment. I was looking at the Carlton institute has anyone trained with them? If so what did you think? Or can anyone recommend somewhere else?

Thanks
Sarah xxx

hi,

i have also looked for training in plymouth the cfe (city college) do a course on a sat but only run this when they have enough people to fill the course.

so maybe worth giving this a try:)

hi,

i have also looked for training in plymouth the cfe (city college) do a course on a sat but only run this when they have enough people to fill the course.

so maybe worth giving this a try:)

Thanks but It's a marvelash course and I really wanted to steer clear of that due to all the bad reviews on here.

Plus when I spoke to the tutor about lashes she informed me you only go longer in the middle and shorter on the ends eg 7's, 9's and 7's again never longer on the ends which doesn't make sense to me as its the opposite of what my first course told me and most people want that cat eyes look x

Hi doll, I'm in Plymouth too and researched courses for ages, there really arent any decent courses around here. If you can't travel further afield I really would wait till you could. It's a shame you didn't post sooner as I'm off to Weston Super Mare in the morning for my Perfect Lash course and would gladly have taken you :( xxx

Hi doll, I'm in Plymouth too and researched courses for ages, there really arent any decent courses around here. If you can't travel further afield I really would wait till you could. It's a shame you didn't post sooner as I'm off to Weston Super Mare in the morning for my Perfect Lash course and would gladly have taken you :( xxx

Aww hope your course goes well let me know what how you find it as this is the other course I was looking at. My dads by Weston so i could kill 2 birds with one stone x

It was absolutely brilliant! I highly recommend! A lot of time was spent on practical and I came away with my little kit, I know now it's a case of practice, practice, practice!!! Best of luck with whoever you book with xxx

It was absolutely brilliant! I highly recommend! A lot of time was spent on practical and I came away with my little kit, I know now it's a case of practice, practice, practice!!! Best of luck with whoever you book with xxx

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you enjoyed it as its looking like that may be the course for me. Do you have to case studies as thats the main thing I'm looking for I don't want a course that just gives you a certificate at the end no matter what, that's what happened last time and I don't think I had enough knowledge of problem shooting etc to do well. I want somewhere I can go back to if I'm having problems x

I have to do 6 case studies with critiques from the ladies. Just got in from doing a friend after work and she is loving them! Feel chuffed! Took just over two hours and was getting a sweat on!!! Xxx

Hi Claire! And Sarah!

My friend did the Lash perfect training last month and LOVED it.

Such a shame were so far form everything! Looking into HD training for next year but going all the way to Milton Keynes is such a drag!

It really is a drag isn't it Zooks, I have more treatments I am eager to learn but have to put some travelling in - and then theres staying overnight at some places - the things we do for Beauty!!! xxx

Well if you guys fancy lift sharing etc Im more than happy to do so. I will PM you my facebook, could save us a few pounds!

Yes I would definitely be up for lift sharing that would be amazing as I don't drive. I'll have a proper chat with you on Monday when I see you hun xx

I have to do 6 case studies with critiques from the ladies. Just got in from doing a friend after work and she is loving them! Feel chuffed! Took just over two hours and was getting a sweat on!!! Xxx

Can you describe what you call a case study in your country? You have different terminology than we do here, and I am interested in knowing what you mean. Thanks so much!
Christie

Hi Christie, I have to apply 6 sets of lashes to ladies and have a book with sections in it for them to complete and give their honest opinions of the procedure. I have to complete what lashes I used, length, thickness etc. I don't have to send photos so this purely is based on trust. I suppose there are people who will say this is a waste of time and that I could just easily make 6 people up and get the certificate sooner but I am passionate about getting things right and excelling in what I do and with lashes I think you have to practice a lot to gain confidence and technique so I am happy to wait until I've done my ladies. I have no shortage of offers for willing models anyway!!! :D

Hello Ladies. Im a devon Lady too . I have booked on for the 15th Oct for Lash Perfect Im Really excited . And im doing Kim Lawless extreme waxing and Brow design , I cant wait. x

You will love the Lash Perfect training! You lucky duck for going on Kims training, I wanna do it!!! Are you qualified in basic waxing already? I'd have to start from scratch but really keen to learn xxx

Hello Ladies. Im a devon Lady too . I have booked on for the 15th Oct for Lash Perfect Im Really excited . And im doing Kim Lawless extreme waxing and Brow design , I cant wait. x

Let us all know how you get on with both courses as I'm interested in extreme waxing with Kim too. I can't wait to do the lash training think it's going to have to be next month tho :-( x

Hi Christie, I have to apply 6 sets of lashes to ladies and have a book with sections in it for them to complete and give their honest opinions of the procedure. I have to complete what lashes I used, length, thickness etc. I don't have to send photos so this purely is based on trust. I suppose there are people who will say this is a waste of time and that I could just easily make 6 people up and get the certificate sooner but I am passionate about getting things right and excelling in what I do and with lashes I think you have to practice a lot to gain confidence and technique so I am happy to wait until I've done my ladies. I have no shortage of offers for willing models anyway!!! :D

Thanks so much Claire! I admire your dedication. Lashing is an art form. Keep at it and you will do great! It takes lots of time, so don't get discouraged. We just trained four gals today, and were able to certify three of them. The fourth does her second day of training in three weeks. It is so exciting to help people realize their dreams and discover their talents.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back