% DHA formula for Mixed race skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabrina29

Reaction score
Hi,

What % DHA would you recommend for fairly light mixed race skin? I know it's trial and error and to the clients preference according to how dark they want to go but just want some sort of idea. Thanks x

Hi,

What % DHA would you recommend for fairly light mixed race skin? I know it's trial and error and to the clients preference according to how dark they want to go but just want some sort of idea. Thanks x
Phew...difficult one....its really a personal thing...mixed race should tan pretty well and come up ,to us whities ,a lurvley colour...its really a case of assessing the individual...eye colour,skin tone,how they generally react to a spray tan,,,,or if first timer how they normally react to UV light...and of course how dark they truly want to go.

Im guessing get it right and this individual will look fab....try a 10% and take it from there....maybe one good coat with a light misting over just to re enforce the take of the tan

Good luck and do post some pictures as this could be very interesting to see :hug:

Thanks Collin! I think she would like an obvious affect but not fake, she does like to tan in the sun and likes to go as dark as safely poss! I may go with 12%, as my 10% is very golden n subtle even on my skin. I dont recall my trainer mentioning tanning mixed race skin. So am I right in thinking any % DHA will have an affect on any skin whether that be very subtle or more noticeable according to the % used? I didn't think I would get away with using say 8-10% on a dark olive skin (not mixed race) All trial and error i suppose but would rather not have error on a paying client. This lady is thinking of having a spray tan party for me but nothing has been confirmed as yet but thought i'd do my research before hand, plenty of prep time!! Will let you know outcome if she goes ahead and books!

Thanks Collin! I think she would like an obvious affect but not fake, she does like to tan in the sun and likes to go as dark as safely poss! I may go with 12%, as my 10% is very golden n subtle even on my skin. I dont recall my trainer mentioning tanning mixed race skin. So am I right in thinking any % DHA will have an affect on any skin whether that be very subtle or more noticeable according to the % used? I didn't think I would get away with using say 8-10% on a dark olive skin (not mixed race) All trial and error i suppose but would rather not have error on a paying client. This lady is thinking of having a spray tan party for me but nothing has been confirmed as yet but thought i'd do my research before hand, plenty of prep time!! Will let you know outcome if she goes ahead and books!

Sometimes its better to start low and then increase second visit however try the 12% if thats what you think is right :hug:...im sure with her skin type she will be fine....:hug:

Sometimes its better to start low and then increase second visit however try the 12% if thats what you think is right :hug:...im sure with her skin type she will be fine....:hug:

Cheers :)

Latest posts

Back