Dia Lights help blonde to brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eilish

Reaction score
Hey, this is my first post to the forum!

I am a qualified hairdresser but I had been out of the industry for sometime until September last year, I currently work as an assistant so I am basically relearning everything again.

I need some help with my own hair, never have time in salon to get a stylist to do it as we are always so busy. I wanted to colour my hair before I go back to work this week so don't have the opportunity to ask a stylist as I just want to get rid of the awful ombre asap!

Anyway sorry for the ramble....

My natural hair colour is 6 the ombre is a very warm / gold 8 almost 9 I would say. I want go back to a 6 using dia lights. I like the 6.34 and just wondering what or whether I should pre pig it? I have read that you don't need to with dia lights... but this seems slightly strange to me. I have used before but only to tone blonde. What do you think I should use to achieve this colour? Pics attached thanks x

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 87
Hi :) Do u mean u want to go 6.34? As u wouldn't need to prepig as its gold, copper? Or r u wanting a plain base 6? Sorry I'm probably just being dumb lol xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes 6.34 Sorry I don't know why I wrote I want to go back to a 6 lol

Actually from looking at the colour again its not what I want to go for!

I like 6.23, 5.12 and 5.52.

I just want to achieve a nice all over brown that isn't flat really.

Is this wella?

No L'Oreal. I am open to using different brands, just would like to achieve a nice colour and not sure what to use to pre pig to achieve.

Arnt they all very cool shades tho?

What would you suggest to achieve a nice brown over my current ombre?

I'm not familiar with wella or loreal tbh but to go from a 6.34 to those colours is a big difference? If you want a natural warm looking brown I would pre pig with a copper first then apply the chosen shade, one of those brands tho I believe dosent need a pre pig I think you add it in with the tint, not sure which brand tho sorry, I've got a loreal chart in work I'll look in the morning for a target shade but defo going to need a copper pre pig to get a nice 6

My rusty old chart isn't dai lights but I assume the colours look the same, the 6.34 is beautiful! I'd pre pig with a copper and apply 6.3

It's recommended that you pre-pig with dialight. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421163981.523614.jpg

Did u get sorted in the end? Xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back