Diabetes and facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Can anyone tell a frustrated student if Diabetes is a contra-indication of a facial?????
Cant find any real info.
Sam X

As far s i am aware, no. you are not drawing any blood so theres no risk there, for skin healing etc.HTHs

I agree with eager beaver, the only contraindication I could think of is if you use hot towels (as they have reduced sensitivity to heat) and if your doing extractions.

TBH though most people with diabetes dont suffer with all the things that they tell you at college - well the people I have met with diabetes dont!

becki x

no.. you can still preform your service try a hot/cold test (put something fairly warm on their skin let them tell if its hot or cold then put something cold on them see if they tell you wether its cold or not this way you have an idea of their sensetivity to hot and cold)
just dont do extractions leave those for the doctor and if they are sensetive to heat just use cooler towels. Your not breaking any skin so the healing aspect doesnt really apply

When doing a facial consultation ask your client if they would be happy to do a glucose test just prior to the facial. The totally relaxed state can reduce glucose levels and if they're erring on the 'low' side before you start you're going to have a client in a state of hypoglycemia, and when doing a facial, chances are you and the client may not notice until you've finished!
And you 'should' familiarise yourself with what to do if you find yourself in that position - although the chances are you won't, 'most' people with diabetes are pretty well controlled.
(And you'll please note, I don't use the term diabetic, your client is a person, not a condition ;-) )

Latest posts

Back