Diabetes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
Hi All,

Would like to know what advice you would give to a diabetic client?

I have looked on net and this site, and I have read all the posts relating to diabetes.

All I can think of is asking for a doctor´s note before waxing treatment, and that hot/cold test. The aftercare advice is the same as for everyone else, I´m guessing.:confused:

Is there anything I have missed?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi All,

Would like to know what advice you would give to a diabetic client?

I have looked on net and this site, and I have read all the posts relating to diabetes.

All I can think of is asking for a doctor´s note before waxing treatment, and that hot/cold test. The aftercare advice is the same as for everyone else, I´m guessing.:confused:

Is there anything I have missed?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

As you've said I would write to the G.P myself ( I have a basic letter, which I add to) to ask if your client is suitable (I have to do this for my insurance, as well as my own peace of mind!) and also do a hot/cold and pressure test.
Then would do a patch test 24 hours before treatment (once I have G.P's letter back) and then just be extra, extra carefull.

Only being nosy as I'ma nail tech not beauty therapist but what is a hot/cold test??!

Only being nosy as I'ma nail tech not beauty therapist but what is a hot/cold test??!

Its a test to make sure they haven't got any loss of feeling in their extrematies ( sometimes a problem in diabetics ). You would use a covered ice cube and something like a hot cloth to make sure they could feel the difference on their feet.

Thanks Brandywine! Now I know!

Latest posts

Back