Did my first ever Brazilian Keratin Straightening Treatment today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DohaDresser

Reaction score
Hello Geeks

Just thought I'd I'd share cause I'm all excited!

First ever Afro client, first ever Brazilian Straightening. Really easy to do and not as time consuming as I thought it would be.

We need to wait till she washes it to find out if you can really straighten hair with no chemicals.

I'll keep you posted, x

Will be really interested to know how it wears on really curly hair. Keep us posted x

I'm doing my first *proper* client tomorrow. Excited/nervous.

Although she was supposed to be here 10 mins ago for her cut...grrrrrr

The client bought the product direct from Brazil. She says £20 for 500ml, which is good for 2 applications on long hair.

It took 2 hrs including the blow dry.

If it works this could be a fantasic addition to anyones business, salon or freelance, because the profit margin is huge. People want smooth straight hair and are prepared to pay well for it.

I'll keep you posted.

x

Hello there, could you tell me the different between this chemical straightner and the relaxer that we afro caribbean ladies have done ever eight weeks.

Hi Jan
The difference is a relaxer is a chemical treatment. Chemicals are used too break/undo the hairs natural form, in your case a curl, then further chemicals are used to fix the hair in its new straight form.

The Keratin Straightening claims to use no chemicals, and I read the bottle, however, it comes direct from Brazil and I have no idea if these products are regulated.

There were and still are some containing formaldahide, which you must not touch. Google formaldahide to find out why.

I shall be following this thread as I'm really interested in the brazilian blow dry!
Hope it all goes well for you! x

Hi Dohadresser
Let us know how you get on because the product I use doesn't straighten hair - it softens and smoothes, which makes it more manageable.
I have been doing alot of reading and researching and it seems only a product containing formaldehyde will make the hair actually straight.
Do you know if the product you used contained formaldehyde? They usually indicate a % concentration if they do. And if not, they use another form of formaldehyde called aldehyde it seems - then they can say there's no formaldehyde.

Last edited:
This is interesting. I need to get an ingredients list, I have it somewhere. I really hope it didn't have formaldahide as I didn't wear a mask and you are constantly breathing in the vapours and moisture given from the dryer and irons.
Need to look into hisand will get back to you.

Latest posts

Back