Will Brazilian Blowout "permanently" straighten hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstrabley

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a good friend who has wavy hair and has been coloring her hair bright colors for years. Recently she was experiencing some extreme dryness and possible damage so she got a Brazilian Blowout. It seemed to straighten her hair so much that her hair no longer keeps a curl. It's been about 8 weeks since the treatment and her hair is still pretty straight. It normally curls really nicely and she is pretty experienced styling it. Does anyone have any experience with this happening?

Last edited:
Hello.

I have a good friend who has wavy hair and has been coloring her hair bright colors for years. Recently she was experiencing some extreme dryness and possible damage so she got a Brazilian Blowout. It seemed to straighten her hair so much that her hair no longer keeps a curl. It's been about 8 weeks since the treatment and her hair is still pretty straight. It normally curls really nicely and she is pretty experienced styling it. Does anyone have any experience with this happening?
This happened to a client of mine, we were growing his hair and it was very unruly, whole he was in L. A decided to get a Brazilian blowdry and it did smooth his hair right out and pretty much leave it straight. But he was happy with that because of the style he wanted.
If she really hates it, I'd suggest that she tried either a chelating shampoo or something heavily sulphate based possibly baby shampoo which will start to strip the hair of the blowdry and it will probably reveal some curl again. But I should imagine frizz will also come back. Don't forget to use a good moisturising treatment afterwards too :)

This happened to a client of mine, we were growing his hair and it was very unruly, whole he was in L. A decided to get a Brazilian blowdry and it did smooth his hair right out and pretty much leave it straight. But he was happy with that because of the style he wanted.
If she really hates it, I'd suggest that she tried either a chelating shampoo or something heavily sulphate based possibly baby shampoo which will start to strip the hair of the blowdry and it will probably reveal some curl again. But I should imagine frizz will also come back. Don't forget to use a good moisturising treatment afterwards too :)

Thank you. That’s good advice. I will suggest that.

Brazilian blow-outs straighten hair temporarily and rinse out eventually. It comes in different strengths to be used depending on the original curliness of the hair and the desired outcome. Using a mild strength usually allows for keeping some curl and using a stronger product can leave your hair bone straight. I am speaking as someone who uses the products, not as a professional in hair care.

Last edited:
Brazilian blow-outs straighten hair temporarily and rinse out eventually. It comes in different strengths to be used depending on the original curliness of the hair and the desired outcome. Using a mild strength usually allows for keeping some curl and using a stronger product can leave your hair bone straight.

Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Back