did you know you can do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
hi all hope you are all doing fine. just a little tip i picked up on another board about applying nail polish to natural nailsand making it last longer chip free. its using creative products (yay creative!!) anyway the thing to do is to apply a bit of solar oil to the natural nails and rub it in until it disappears then you apply a coat of creative sticky base coat then two coats of colour then top coat. the polish last for weeks without chipping.

hope this little tit bit can prove to be useful to someone or maybe you all knew this already:)

catch you later

wow thanks hun ill try this xx

another practice I have heard of is this:

solar oil rubbed in
dry wipe to remove excess
stickey base
2 coats of color
another coat of stickey base
Then your top coat.
Then when it's about dry but still slightly tacky, more solar oil to speed up drying as it apparently "suffocates the polish"

I believe it's referred to as the "Stickey Sandwhich"

Haven't tried it myself yet

VHunter said:
another practice I have heard of is this:

solar oil rubbed in
dry wipe to remove excess
stickey base
2 coats of color
another coat of stickey base
Then your top coat.
Then when it's about dry but still slightly tacky, more solar oil to speed up drying as it apparently "suffocates the polish"

I believe it's referred to as the "Stickey Sandwhich"

Haven't tried it myself yet

victoria hi, just to add a little bit of what i learnt was the sticky sandwich, a stickey sandwich is called that because the nail tech uses creative's "sticky" base coat in their nail polis applications. you have some parts right but its actually first sticky base coat then polish then another coat sticky then polish then top coat, and some do i coat sticky two coats polish then topcoat , i am not so sure about applying solar oil after topcoat to help with drying as creative has a speedy dry product just for that purpose, but as i probably imagine you have your own version of the procedure and i am sure it works for you. the part of applying solar oil befor epolish is another variation i guess but it was not called the stickey sandwich. i guess we have to reconfirm with rhonda kibuk over on beauty tech to make sure:)

I could be wrong:)
Like I said "heard", Never did it myself.

And actually, I 'think' it's Rhonda that uses the solar oil to suffocate the polish, but I may be remembering incorrectly. But yes, it's from that board that I 'heard' these things several months ago.

:wink2:

ariaaland said:
hi all hope you are all doing fine. just a little tip i picked up on another board about applying nail polish to natural nailsand making it last longer chip free. its using creative products (yay creative!!) anyway the thing to do is to apply a bit of solar oil to the natural nails and rub it in until it disappears then you apply a coat of creative sticky base coat then two coats of colour then top coat. the polish last for weeks without chipping.

hope this little tit bit can prove to be useful to someone or maybe you all knew this already:)

catch you later

does the polish go on ok (ie nice and smooth etc) if the nail plates are oily??xx

EllaX said:
does the polish go on ok (ie nice and smooth etc) if the nail plates are oily??xx

You wipe off the excess with a dry lint-free wipe. :green:

Ps; someone likened it as similar to painting a wall that has been primed first. Paint goes on much better, as opposed to an unprimed wall that will absorb the paint and show bumps and grooves and such.

The stickey method works great, I must say I get 5-7 days wear out of my polish,but I am very rough with my hands, and don't really wear my gloves a lot. I haven't tried the oil method before hand though. I do use the oil after like Victoria stated, that works very well!

I have noticed when doing the stickey sandwich sometimes my polish will wear off at the ends faster than some other types of polish. Has anyone noticed that they can do this method with any nail color brand? My favorite is China Glaze, to me nothing beats this, not even OPI! I love Essie, they are very reasonably priced, but get less wear with this brand.

aj

Latest posts

Back