Did you use a solicitor to approve your lease?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in a position to rent a retail unit to set up my salon, its a 3 year lease and the agent involved has asked for my solicitors details but local solicitors want £500 plus vat to approve it!!!!

My question is- did you all use a solicitor to approve your lease or did you do it yourself?

Thanks
Sam

yep its really important that you get a solicitor to check the lease conditions this will prevent any legal problems when you are commited to your lease. check on line for a reputable solicitor, and see if you can get a better price its better to be safe and pay a fee to protect yourself good luck.

Two things that are worth their weight in gold:

A good solicitor and a good accountant.

They will keep your business ticking over. Unless you understand leases and the law inside out you should get a solicitor to read it.

Yes you must get a solicitor. A lease is worded in 'legal talk' and there's very little that 'normal' people can understand.

IMHO £500 is cheap I paid over three times that, but it was well worth it.

Dont sign anything without seeing a good solicitor, a lease can be very complex and you can get caught out easily!....oh and £500 is very very cheap x

Yes £500.00 is cheap I paid £1300 for the other sides solicitor and around £750 for mine. Make sure you read the info even if you have a solicitor write down what you don't understand and ask ask ask! think of all the silly little most out of the way things that can go wrong (windows, heating stair access ect and make sure its covered).

Last edited:
Thanks chaps, made some calls today and found a local firm to use.

Many thaks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Back