different brands teaching different training?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
hello everyone hope all is well! :)

i have worked in a few spas over the years and have mainly trained with espa & elemis.. i have found that when giving out product recommendations both brands recommend different ways to help with dehydration...

espa taught me to reccomend to hydrate the skin to add moisture as usually on the T-zone the skin is producing extra sebum to try and hydrate itself, where as elemis teach to balance the skin out as it is more combination than dehydrated??..

which way do you's all do it?

.x.x.

I have had lots of training over the years, and the advice out there is a mine field to say the least. After years of dealing with skin, my view is that most skin needs hydration, and this is moisture not oil content. I believe that 'combination skin' is a load of rubbish, if the skin has a shine in the t-zone and the skin on the cheeks feel normal, this is a hydration problem, not an oily and dry skin (does'nt make sense does it). Unless a skin is oily all over, only then will I use a product for oily skin. Dry skin looks perfect, hardly ever break out with spots and has very small pores, this skin needs a higher oil content in the moisturiser. I hope this helps!:hug:

I think thats lots of therapists confuse dehydrated skin with dry skin.
A skin that is dehydrated needs water so your client needs to drink more.
A dry skin lacks sebum.

HTH
xx:hug:xx

thank you. yeah i know i dont believe in combination, i have tried to explain to my collegue that it is dehydrated skin and not combination!! :lick:

xox

Latest posts

Back