Different peroxide brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
hi all
I just wondered what everyones thoughts were on peroxide brands. As a rule I always wella colours with wella peroxides. Are all the peroxides pretty much the same (and I don't mean strength) and is it possible to mix a colour brand with a different peroxide brand (say l'oreal colours with wella peroxide)?

Most brands suggest you use their brand of peroxide. If you use the cheaper peroxide with some brands you don't get the correct result. You can't use cheap peroxide with matrix xx

Hello
I worked in salons where the peroxide was generic and not specific to the brand of tint,ie we used Wella but Sallys peroxide.
I found that the colour worked 80% fine but there was 20% of clients with grey where the colour would be translucent.
Also the client would need a kirby to scratch because of the tingle.
I have my own salon and use Wella Developer and measure with electronic scales always.
Not one client has had transluscency or a tingle, they have all remarked that the colour is better and that never a scalp problem.
So this is the answer for me.Pay the extra and enjoy the better result.
:)

Hello
I worked in salons where the peroxide was generic and not specific to the brand of tint,ie we used Wella but Sallys peroxide.
I found that the colour worked 80% fine but there was 20% of clients with grey where the colour would be translucent.
Also the client would need a kirby to scratch because of the tingle.
I have my own salon and use Wella Developer and measure with electronic scales always.
Not one client has had transluscency or a tingle, they have all remarked that the colour is better and that never a scalp problem.
So this is the answer for me.Pay the extra and enjoy the better result.
:)

I totally agree and was always taught to use the same brand developer to get the best results. I do know some that use cheap peroxide with wella colours although wondered what would happen if you mixed the proper brands? IYKWIM :)

Well i use branded just because when we were on lrvel 2 a friend brought her mum in as a client and she normally coloured her hair at home with wella but cheap peroxide , at college its all wella after the colour had finish she said to the tutor the colour looked completly diffrent and the tutor asked her if she used wella peroxide and she said no and our tutor said thats down to the peroxide x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back