Difficult client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWHC

Reaction score
Hi there
I have a client that had a cut and finish two and a half weeks ago. I got a text yesterday saying that i didnt take enough off last time so could i come round and cut a bit more off for her. As im mobile i said that would be fine but there would be a minimium charge of £15. Which is stated on my price list. She then said that she was dissapointed as she had only paid £20 two and a half weeks ago and that i should have taken more of at the time. She said she thought £15 was a bit steep. When i explained that i would have took more off for her if she had said so at the time, but it has been nearly 3 weeks now. So will have to charge her. She said alright then but she was dissapointed as i should have took more off. So if you just give it a good cut then so it will last me till christmas.
The thing is this customer trys it on all the time and im not sure whether i want to do her hair anymore.
Do you think i am being harsh. What would you have done in my situation?

Hi there
I have a client that had a cut and finish two and a half weeks ago. I got a text yesterday saying that i didnt take enough off last time so could i come round and cut a bit more off for her. As im mobile i said that would be fine but there would be a minimium charge of £15. Which is stated on my price list. She then said that she was dissapointed as she had only paid £20 two and a half weeks ago and that i should have taken more of at the time. She said she thought £15 was a bit steep. When i explained that i would have took more off for her if she had said so at the time, but it has been nearly 3 weeks now. So will have to charge her. She said alright then but she was dissapointed as i should have took more off. So if you just give it a good cut then so it will last me till christmas.
The thing is this customer trys it on all the time and im not sure whether i want to do her hair anymore.
Do you think i am being harsh. What would you have done in my situation?

I don't think your being harsh at all, she's now asking for more than a bit off if she wants it to last till Christmas therefore you should be charging her the £20 in my opinion. 😊

If she was happy when you left then it's not your fault! Make her pay for deffo

A pushy madam, I think.

I bet she has a 'do' coming up and wants it trimming for that, otherwise, if it's already grown too long after only 2.5 weeks how will she make it last another 8 weeks or will she need another bit taken off in another 3 weeks time?

Charge her full price (£20 is very cheap anyway). If you didn't take enough off previously, I would have expected her to say so at the time or at least contact you within a couple of days. Two and a half weeks is taking the michael.

She's trying it on ! She would know in a few days if it was too long !
I personally would offer a free appointment if within a few days to a max of a week then after that I would charge either full price or according to time if just more off the base line etc !
You have to be firm in this industry or clients can walk all over you !
It works both ways , it's also the clients responsibility to speak up on the day !
When you show the mirror and ask is that ok ? She should have said it was too long .

Chop it up to her ears. That will last her till next christmas!! Cheeky mare

Stick to your guns!
Go round get the clippers out, start them up and say "this haircut will last for a year"
I dare you!

Thank for your replys. I am definatly going to stick to my guns. I am glad its not just me who thinks she has got a cheek. Would love to get the clippers out just to see the look on her face.

She's trying to pull a fast one, if she was unhappy with the length she should have said at the time or atleast within a few days. If she was happy when you left her then it's her problem, I'd personally charge her full price for another cut, don't get bullied by her, have faith in your skills! Xxx

I agree with everyone on here!! I would charge her full price!

I have a lady I trim fortnightly she likes it just so. And tbh when I had short hair I had a trim every three weeks. So @ two and a half weeks you should defo charge.

I would also charge her full price.

Latest posts

Back