Difficult situation rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
No before people tell me to get up and leave I'll just point out I'm looking for a new job.

Anyway yesterday we pretty much finished our colour. Then my boss got one of his sisters best friends in. She is so fussy and likes the perfect cream blonde. She decided she didn't want a toner (because last time her hair was done it turned green due to a similar "lack of colour issue". She got yellow this time. A purple shampoo would have been able to tone down.

When she got back to the chair she saw how her hair was and called my boss over. she was like "this is way too gold. You know I don't like gold." My boss convinced her that it looked like that because it was wet and that it would tone down once it was dry. Although still concerned she let it go.

Once her blow wave was halfway done I got a phone call. It was my boss claiming that he got an emergency phone call and that he had left the salon and to tell everyone he had said goodbye. He was totally ditching us because he knew she was about to get all angry.

So needless to say the client complained about it being really gold and one of my stylist partner (who had been sitting there for a while) said "Well maybe if [my boss] would actually let them order the right colours this wouldn't be an issue." The glare of death I gave that eye could have killed nations. Although that client is a friend, she shouldn't know about the issues of the business. He had no right to say anything. And because he said something I couldn't deny it. So I just deterred the conversation and said "Look, How about I take a photo to show [my boss] and I will talk to him about this because you're one of our most loyal clients?" She then started ranting about how she's only here because of her friendship with his sister and all that kind of stuff. And she explained that she knows it has nothing to do with me but she's needing to vent because this is a month to month problem. I apologized to her and wished her luck because there was literally nothing we can do. It was 9.30 at night and we had no colour.

Now after she left the man who was sitting in my salon came up to me and said, "Just some advice about customer service. Don't apologize too much otherwise they will know that there is an issues." I wanted to slap him so much because he basically highlighted the issues to a paying client. I don't care who he is. That is not okay.

Sorry but again these issues are nothing to do with you, I can't understand why you keep telling the world these stories!? What do u want us to say!?

Leave

Write a book

U shouldn't put up with it

😩😫😩

I would dread going into work on a morning, I wouldn't put myself through it. This has been going on too long by the sounds of it...are you sure you're not sticking around cos you really love the drama of it all?!

Serious question :)

Seriously you sound like one of those boring negative people that just moan and moan and moan about something and do nothing to change......change the record and shut up and put up....

So what happened in your interview with another salon? I thought the job was pretty much guaranteed ? Didn't think you'd be still there at this time

And why are you so bothered who knows about the stock control issues? You air it on here frequently enough say you want to leave but also appear rather defensive over it
Maybe the best thing is to tell the client before you start that you don't have the correct tint at the moment will have to tone it or she can come back another day.....

I'm guessing you haven't started your new job yet? Or didn't get it? I don't know why you turn up for work each day. I know, rent, affording to live. But seriously this is just getting silly. If your boss wants to run the business into the ground by not ordering colour, allowing clients to receive a poor service as a result then that's not your problem. Sounds to me like the salon is screwed anyway. No point keeping it a secret because if there is no stock you can't do the services, meaning no clients and no money which equals closure. Sorry but best thing to do is head down n get on until you find another job. Or are laid off/made redundant of things are that bad.

I haven't been on here for ages, but OP...jeezzzz you sound exactly like layercakes!!! How odd! Same troubles with work, colour and boss!! Why bother changing your name just to give the same issues

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I haven't been on here for ages, but OP...jeezzzz you sound exactly like layercakes!!! How odd! Same troubles with work, colour and boss!! Why bother changing your name just to give the same issues

Lol nail on the head. It is layercakes x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

It is! She got banned and made a new account, welcome back! X

Reactions: KHS
It is! She got banned and made a new account, welcome back! X

Ahh that will explain a lot lol

..and thank youuu x

Omg how did u guess it was layer cakes?? Lol . I didn't! Hello KHS welcome back on here! :) x

Omg how did u guess it was layer cakes?? Lol . I didn't! Hello KHS welcome back on here! :) x

Haha same whinges and whines to much of a coincidence to be anyone.different lol

And thanks :)

Fair enough I'll admit this woman's 'moaning and whining' is annoying and she may be keeping herself in the situation she is in so therefore it's her fault... but these sarcastic comments are just rude and unnecessary. You might be typing this stuff into a computer screen but I think people are forgetting there's an actual person on the other end who could be really hurt. Just saying

I agree rude and unnecessary, maybe the op does moan a bit but you lot just sound like a bunch of bullies ganging up listen to yourselves if you have nothing nice to say why not ignore and say nothing at all.

I agree rude and unnecessary, maybe the op does moan a bit but you lot just sound like a bunch of bullies ganging up listen to yourselves if you have nothing nice to say why not ignore and say nothing at all.

You lot? Bullies? Was this comment directed at everyone who has commented? I asked the op a genuine question.

What you said wasn't bad Vicky just a lot of the replies ( I'm not going to pick any out) were shocking and just thinking how it would make someone feel that is not causing any harm just having a bit of a moan just think it's all very nasty and bitchy and people should think before they express pointless digs from behind their computer screen, just plain nasty if you ask me some of it is enough to make someone who is a little bit down feel really bad about themselves.

As the OP hasn't asked a specific question and this thread is going no where it's time to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back