Difficult to perm hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85fabb

Reaction score
Client of mine has really silky, long fine but not fine in density hair. And after test curling with resistant lotion and it taking, did a perm. But its not lasted a week! Everything followed to the t. Process time, neutralising times and blotting excess water out etc. am guessing maybe a better lotion out there? Any ideas? Used goldwell biocurl '0'

Client of mine has really silky, long fine but not fine in density hair. And after test curling with resistant lotion and it taking, did a perm. But its not lasted a week! Everything followed to the t. Process time, neutralising times and blotting excess water out etc. am guessing maybe a better lotion out there? Any ideas? Used goldwell biocurl '0'

I use the Goldwell Biolife perms, they've never let me down. They come in 3 strengths, 1,2 and X.. you may need the X, but obviously do a test on it first.

Make sure she isn't washing it too soon too,

I had used the x on same client year before, same problem 😔 do you find them good on longer hair?

I Use Goldwell Biocurl and its always been great, although I usually need to leave it the maximum time. Not used it on long hair though, only short.

If it's long hair you may need to pre-dampen.

I Use Goldwell Biocurl and its always been great, although I usually need to leave it the maximum time. Not used it on long hair though, only short.

Yeah, this was maximum time too, not had this problem before. Especially with using a resistant lotion 😔 was debating using an exothermic one but never used before and hard to test curl as in 2 parts mixed together. So would be wasting it. Anyone ever used them before? Or they a waste of time? Xx

Happened me once before, her hair was long and thick, I suggested some layering to lighten her hair and evenly distribute the weight and the curl sprung back into the hair, mite be worth a try before reperming?

If the hair is very long often blotting isn't enough... In very long hair I sometimes instead of blotting pop them under dryer /climazone on minimum heat to dry out a little before neutralising... You could also preamp if you are a quick permer...

If the hair is very long often blotting isn't enough... In very long hair I sometimes instead of blotting pop them under dryer /climazone on minimum heat to dry out a little before neutralising... You could also preamp if you are a quick permer...

Awesome advise! I always put a dryer on lo-heat up to 20 mins to mostly dry the hair after rinsing the solution out with fairly warm h2o & ending with fairly cool h2o to make the hair suck in the neutralizer to the max!

Works like a charm for the acidic processes!.....might want to lv.up your perm formula, even some healthy fine hair that appears like it needs gentle care especially if virgin need the "average/med hair: virgin/healthy" formula!

Remember that the hair also needs to fully wind the rod @ least 3-3.5+ full times for best curl results too.

Latest posts

Back