Dip acrylic powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie077

Reaction score
Hi all. Just a quick one! Ive recently brought the new nsi simplicite polydip system and Ive been wondering is the powders on dip systems the same as normal acrylic powder?

I only do my own nails with it but cant afford to buy more colours and wondering if i could use the coloured powers ive already got!
Thank you x

Hi all. Just a quick one! Ive recently brought the new nsi simplicite polydip system and Ive been wondering is the powders on dip systems the same as normal acrylic powder?

I only do my own nails with it but cant afford to buy more colours and wondering if i could use the coloured powers ive already got!
Thank you x

His Jodie,

How do you find this system? I'm new to it only have the starter kit but the pink dip powder i have is too transparent or else I'm not doing it correctly. Was looking for a nice nude colour.

Hi i like it so far i agree the pink power is sheer i havnt yet tried any other powers as ive just been using gel polish over the top but it is good if building an enhancement it is hard to build an apex so i wouldn't do very long nails with it. It soaks off really easily and lasts very well. X

Hi ladies,
I'm a loyal NSI nail tech and have just used Simplicite for the first time on myself (overlay over natural nail) and I love it! I too used the sheer pink and it looked clear on me, which looked lovely over my natural nails but I like a bit of colour so I painted Polish Pro "Flawless" over the top. I have really strong natural nails so I love how sturdy they now feel without being thick at all.
Just wondering how you're finding your sets holding up? Have you done a refill or did you do a complete soak off when they were due? Did you have any lifting? Really keen to hear how it's going for you, as I'm only on day 2 of my new set ;)

I'm thinking of getting the Opaque Pink, I'm hoping it's like NSI Attraction Rose Blush Opaque.

Hi ladies,
I'm a loyal NSI nail tech and have just used Simplicite for the first time on myself (overlay over natural nail) and I love it! I too used the sheer pink and it looked clear on me, which looked lovely over my natural nails but I like a bit of colour so I painted Polish Pro "Flawless" over the top. I have really strong natural nails so I love how sturdy they now feel without being thick at all.
Just wondering how you're finding your sets holding up? Have you done a refill or did you do a complete soak off when they were due? Did you have any lifting? Really keen to hear how it's going for you, as I'm only on day 2 of my new set ;)

I'm thinking of getting the Opaque Pink, I'm hoping it's like NSI Attraction Rose Blush Opaque.

If you read the ingredients the powders are exactly the same as the attraction range so you can just use your attraction powders with the system

If you read the ingredients the powders are exactly the same as the attraction range so you can just use your attraction powders with the system

Are the dipping powders string enough and reliable enough to be classed as a professional acrylic, sturdy nail? Xxx

Thanks pinknsparkly, yeah shortly after my original post I checked the ingredients of my Attraction Powders and found that too, so good to know.
Also, when I did my first set I had a sneaking suspicion the look, feel and smell of each product/step were almost identical to other NSI products so I since checked the ingredients for each "step" from the Safety Data Sheets, compared each and found the following:

Simplicite Prep = NSI Nail Pure Plus
Simplicite Bond = NSI Balance Bond Primer
Simplicite Polygel = NSI Polish Pro Base Coat Plus
Simplicite Polydip Powder = NSI Attraction Acrylic Powders, Technailcolor Powders (and probably more)
Simplicite Seal - I couldn't find an exact equivalent but it has very similar ingredients to NSI Polish Pro Top Coat.

They'd probably say the Simplicite Dipping Powders are more finely milled but to be honest I can't tell the difference between Attraction, Technailcolor vs Simplicite. Maybe more pigmented? Jury's out on that one.
Also I'd gather SNS and other dipping brands would work with this system as well, considering all the powders are just finely milled Polymers.

I'll make one thing clear though, (before others jump on what I wrote above) although I found these equivalents, on a client I would not substitute the Simplicite steps with other NSI products, I would use the complete system as it's a lot more professional than mixy matchy.
On myself though for personal use I'll definitely be trying my Attraction Powders and Technailcolor Powders.

:)

Last edited:
Are the dipping powders string enough and reliable enough to be classed as a professional acrylic, sturdy nail? Xxx

No I don't think they're as strong as traditional L&P, definitely a lot more flexible.
Also I'll be surprised if you can get away with more than 2-3 weeks without having to refill as it's a lot lighter and softer.
IMO nothing beats the strength and durability of traditional L&P acrylic systems but this is definitely another great enhancement option.

Hi. I have it on my nails at the moment (overlay over natural nails but with 1 nail enhanced and it broke) and ive had it on for 2 and a half weeks! Still going strong no signs of any lifting going to try infills for the first time at the weekend as ive only soaked of before! Im really liking it! Great product! X

Hi. I have it on my nails at the moment (overlay over natural nails but with 1 nail enhanced and it broke) and ive had it on for 2 and a half weeks! Still going strong no signs of any lifting going to try infills for the first time at the weekend as ive only soaked of before! Im really liking it! Great product! X

That's great to hear Jodie, let me know how you go with your infill?
I tried my NSI Attraction Powder with the Simplicite system on some colour pops and it worked well, only thing is it's not as opaque as when you use it with L&P but that's to be expected I suppose. Simplicite Polygel with my SNS powders though....perfect! Really nice result.

Hi

I currently use SNS which I love but am thinking to change to nsi simplicite purely because of the setting with led/uv lamp.

The problem with SNS is not being able to use a uv top coat on top of colours for extra shine/protection.

Does everyone this system is fine to use with shellac on top of?

Thanks

Also wanting to know how it holds up with other branded powders as thinking of changing but don't want to fork out for all new colours

Latest posts

Back