Disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragon_Talon

Reaction score
First time its happened but I had an accident with the nail glue while doing a clients nails today. Taking the lid off (brush-on glue) it decided to do a triple flip out of my hand and send glue all over my own hand. Luckily none of it went onto the clients table, but I ended up with my wedding ring melded to my finger and the rest of my fingers covered in it.

The irony of it all, was that I was telling them 20 minutes before about the importance of keeping the lids on things and closing them after usage. I'll be picking glue off my fingers for days now, which wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the little hairs :irked:

a quick rub with some acetone should get it off. x

First time its happened but I had an accident with the nail glue while doing a clients nails today. Taking the lid off (brush-on glue) it decided to do a triple flip out of my hand and send glue all over my own hand. Luckily none of it went onto the clients table, but I ended up with my wedding ring melded to my finger and the rest of my fingers covered in it.

The irony of it all, was that I was telling them 20 minutes before about the importance of keeping the lids on things and closing them after usage. I'll be picking glue off my fingers for days now, which wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the little hairs :irked:

Ah! Poor you! I got glue in my eye not too long ago actually:o and it was major panic stations here.

I'm glad it wasn't too much of a disaster, fantastic how it missed your clients table. What a result!

Keep those lids on:lol:

Teri x

Ah! Poor you! I got glue in my eye not too long ago actually:o and it was major panic stations here.

I'm glad it wasn't too much of a disaster, fantastic how it missed your clients table. What a result!

Keep those lids on:lol:

Teri x

OMG! How did you sort that one out then?

OMG! How did you sort that one out then?

I had my sister with me, she was exremely helpful, bless her. Of course she was she didn't want me to say "Sorry, I think I've got to go to the hospital", she wanted Robbie Williams on her nails as she was going to his concert.

Alls well though and no treatment needed.

Just a warning!

Don't look down the neck of your bottle when you're burping it!!

Teri x:lol:

This is where wearing safety glasses or regular glasses come into their own, our eyesight is very precious.
There was a thread about wearing safety glasses quite a while ago, the poll gave some scary results, 77% of those who voted don't use any kind of eyewear :eek:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/14480-do-you-use-safety-glasses-honestly.html

Very True, I picked up some funkay looking safety specks and if I ever use adhesive, myself and the client wear them.... same when you are cutting tips they advise to wear them as some little buggars have a habbit of flying.

Yes acetone will help remove the glue from your fingers. If there is alot of it then soak some cotton wool in the tip remover (which ever you have) wrap it where needed and cover with foil...Im not sure if it will dis colour your ring though. Horrible feeling having adhesive on your skin isn't it....

Luckily my wedding ring is silver so just popped it in a little dish with some acetone. Must admit it looks nice and shiny now, but dread to think what it might have looked like if it had been anything other then sterling silver.

This is where wearing safety glasses or regular glasses come into their own, our eyesight is very precious.
There was a thread about wearing safety glasses quite a while ago, the poll gave some scary results, 77% of those who voted don't use any kind of eyewear :eek:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/14480-do-you-use-safety-glasses-honestly.html

I don't have safety glasses per se, BUT I have started wearing glasses when I do nails.. for safety. LOL

I have 20/20 vision, but was prescribed glasses for when I have migraines, to take the edge off (one eye goes wonky with migraines). So, I use these when I do nails. I got them when I was 16, in the 80's:rolleyes: so the style is a little old :lol: BUT I find my eyes irritate me less, and I'm not getting dust in them anymore.
I won't do nails without them anymore.

We only get one set of eyes.... so why not KEEP them?

:hug:

PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO USE ACETONE AROUND THE EYE AREA USE THE METHODS BELOW AND FOR EYES SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION ASAP -Sorry to be a party pooper but it makes me cringe thinking of my eyes being stuck together with adhesive :eek:

"Skin
Immerse bonded areas in warm, soapy water. Peel or roll skin apart; a spatula or teaspoon handle or even a pencil will help. Remove cured adhesive with warm, soapy water (may take several applications). Fingernail polish remover with an acetone base has also been successful for removal of cured adhesive from skin.

Lips
If lips are accidentally stuck together, apply a generous amount of warm water and encourage maximum wetting and pressure from saliva from inside the mouth. Peel or roll (do not pull) lips apart. It is almost impossible to swallow the adhesive as a liquid. The adhesive solidifies upon contact with saliva (moisture) and could adhere to the inside of the mouth. Saliva will lift the adhesive in 1-2 days, avoid swallowing the adhesive after detachment.
Eyelid
In the event that eyelids are stuck together or bonded to the eyeball, wash thoroughly with warm water and apply a gauze patch. The eye will open without further action within 1-4 days. To our knowledge there has never been a documented case of adhesive in the eye causing permanent damage. Do not try to force eyes open.
Eyeball
The adhesive will attach itself to the eye protein and will disassociate from it over time, usually within several hours. Periods of weeping and double vision may be experienced until clearance is achieved. Use of a warmed 3% sodium bicarbonate solution to wash eyes repeatedly may assist in aiding more rapid removal of the adhesive."
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back