Disclaimer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hi every1,

I feel quite embarassed as I haven't been on the site for a long while now, but wondered if you'd all mind giving me your opinions on my disclaimer for Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting. Please look below and voice your opinions or criticisms, as I really am not sure if it sounds right.

Thanx

Disclaimer
I .................................................. have been made aware of needing to have a skin patch test for Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting, and of the complications that could arise if not carried out. I therefore, confirm that I take full responsibility, for having the treatments, without a patch test, and will not hold the technician responsible for my decisions.

Signed ................................
Date ................................

GlitzyGirl said:
Hi every1,​

I feel quite embarassed as I haven't been on the site for a long while now, but wondered if you'd all mind giving me your opinions on my disclaimer for Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting. Please look below and voice your opinions or criticisms, as I really am not sure if it sounds right.

Thanx

Disclaimer

I .................................................. have been made aware of needing to have a skin patch test for Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting, and of the complications that could arise if not carried out. I therefore, confirm that I take full responsibility, for having the treatments, without a patch test, and will not hold the technician responsible for my decisions.​

Will this be accepted by your insurance company?? Personally I would go with no patch test no treatment, just to be on the safe side. I cannot understand anyone willing to risk a reaction due to not taking a patch test.:eek:

You're right,
I don't intend to do them without a test, but some people have asked on the spot and didn't like it when I refused them. So I thought this might cover me?

GlitzyGirl said:
You're right,
I don't intend to do them without a test, but some people have asked on the spot and didn't like it when I refused them. So I thought this might cover me?

Why can't you tell them that you have to do the test first? It may be better for you. Is it over a long period of time? I know what you mean though, a lot of people are "I want it now - or I'll go elsewhere".

1999judy said:
Why can't you tell them that you have to do the test first? It may be better for you. Is it over a long period of time? I know what you mean though, a lot of people are "I want it now - or I'll go elsewhere".

The test has to be done at least 24hrs before, so when people want it there and then, and you refuse them, it's exactly as you say "they go elsewhere" who will do it without a test. But for me, it's just not worth it. I am beginning to think, even a disclaimer's not worth risking everything for. It really is unlikely that anything would happen, as the tints don't touch the skin at all, but I just like to cover myself, knowing my luck.

GlitzyGirl said:
The test has to be done at least 24hrs before, so when people want it there and then, and you refuse them, it's exactly as you say "they go elsewhere" who will do it without a test. But for me, it's just not worth it. I am beginning to think, even a disclaimer's not worth risking everything for. It really is unlikely that anything would happen, as the tints don't touch the skin at all, but I just like to cover myself, knowing my luck.

Yep I know exactly what you mean - I get people who come in and say " I want a set of nails ...now" when I'm busy I say that I can make an appointment for another day but I know they go and look elsewhere. Disclaimer sounds good, BUT I only do nails I am not a fully qualified beautician. Don't know anywhere around here that enforces a test though. When I've had it done I've never signed anything.

GlitzyGirl said:
Hi every1,

Thanx

Disclaimer
I .................................................. have been made aware of needing to have a skin patch test for Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting, and of the complications that could arise if not carried out. I therefore, confirm that I take full responsibility, for having the treatments, without a patch test, and will not hold the technician responsible for my decisions.

i do now that professional beauty states on their insurance that you do need a 24 hour skin test but it also states only for new clients or if you change the product.
i had one of these but i stopped using it as they told me is wan't valid to use.
if i were you i would ask you insurers first to be on the safe side
jenny

Although I don't offer the service i believe that if the client won't submit to a patch test that you should not service them.

There is too much to risk if the client has a reaction and ends up suing you and going to the local press & having headlines & pics say something like -

LOCAL BEAUTY SALON DID THIS TOO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's only hypothetical, but it could happen & you'd likely lose not only your reputation but your business as well, so is £30 worth all that!!:!:

I'm sure if they went to other salons, they too should tell them they need a patch test.

I would say, no problem, let's just do a quick patch test now & i'll book you in for tomorrow afternoon! That way, your covering yourself & thinking about the health & safety of your client too. It shows your professionalism over and above those 'other' salons that are just after a quick buck!

Sorry if i sound too harsh hun, but i just think it's a scary area these days - too many adverts on the telly saying 'Have you been injured' etc!!:Scared:

Good luck. XX:hug:

Bev Rose said:
There is too much to risk if the client has a reaction and ends up suing you and going to the local press & having headlines & pics say something like -

LOCAL BEAUTY SALON DID THIS TOO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's only hypothetical, but it could happen & you'd likely lose not only your reputation but your business as well, so is £30 worth all that!!:!:

I'm sure if they went to other salons, they too should tell them they need a patch test.

I would say, no problem, let's just do a quick patch test now & i'll book you in for tomorrow afternoon! That way, your covering yourself & thinking about the health & safety of your client too. It shows your professionalism over and above those 'other' salons that are just after a quick buck!

Sorry if i sound too harsh hun, but i just think it's a scary area these days - too many adverts on the telly saying 'Have you been injured' etc!!:Scared:

Good luck. XX:hug:

Not too harsh at all.
I have decided to use them anyway, whether they aggree or not. If not, they're not the type of clients I need anyway.

Latest posts

Back