Disheartened-nails popping off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leiv

Reaction score
Dear Geeks,

Just wanted to ask for advice as I am getting very disheartened. I have been trained for two months now and haven't yet had a set of Gelish that lasts for two weeks without chipping or a set of gel extensions that lasts longer than a week!

I am following all the steps necessary for both:

Gelish;

Sanitise both mine and clients hands
Use lint free wipe with non acetone polish remover to remove any traces of contamination on the nail
Remove skin from nail plate and push back cuticle with metal cuticle pusher
Shape the nail
Lightly buff nail
Use lint free wipe with alcohol to remove dust
PH Bond application
Foundation layer
Dry Brush
Two thin coats of colour
Top coat
Finish with cuticle oil
I use a UV lamp

Same prep with nail extensions up to lightly buff nail then
Attach nail tips with glue
Cut tips to size
Blend in seam and shape tip
Wipe surface with alcohol to remove dust
Primer
Thin layer of NSI builder gel
Second thicker layer of builder gel
Third layer of builder gel/or coat of Gelish
Topcoat
Cuticle oil

What am i doing wrong?? Really am feeling like giving up as its awful when a client rings to say her nails have popped off :( and feel so bad that I have spent so much money on training for what i thought would be a good career for me.

I have always done my own nails since i was 12, always had a passion for it, and the gel/extensions always stay on me for a long time.

Its just so frustrating!

Sorry this is so long winded! And thank you in advance for your help!

Is this happening to every client? Some clients are very heavy handed or just use them a lot in general. I find the thinner I apply my base coat the better, very very thin, almost nothing on the brush and work it into the nail not just paint it on top if that makes sense? Seems to stop them popping off!

If her tips keep popping off, you might want to try going a size bigger and tailoring them to fit.

Latest posts

Back