Disheartened newbie!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilly123

Reaction score
Hie everyone,

Ok, so the story here is,I started doing lashes a couple of months ago.At first,it was brilliant,loads of friends wanted them done and were really interested.Most of them have come to get them done so basically everyone I told has had them or its not their thing.:irked:

Im starting to feel overwhelmed by it all because I dont know what my next step should be.I have an ad on gumtree,have done flyers and just feel like nothing is happening.I know I need a website done but i reckon i should build a portfolio with before and after pics??

Maybe im just being unrealistic and expecting everything to start happening too quick but im just so keen and want it to work out.Feel like I should just give up and sell my kit:cry::cry:

To all those whose lashes are booming,how long did it take you before things picked up and you had a steady and regular client base??

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.xx

Hi I think you should def hang in there. Ive not been doing lashes long, only since sept and it's now picking up nicely. To be honest most of it has been side of mouth. I've had a couple of people from a large poster I put in my local shop and I did a pamper party and got two new ladies!!! Bit by bit it will roll on from person to person. I'm currently building a web site but am not rushing as i really believe people like a recommendation. Def worth building up a portfolio I'm also doing that

I am really impatient and wanted instant success but it will come, have you got your lashes done, as it's important to show case them!!

Hope this helps you xxxxx

HIE,
thanx for the reply :hug: I've got my lashes done,I think one big issue is that im not working and i moved in with my boyfriend in a different town(just by gatwick :eek:) so not firmiliar with it and not exposed to a lot of people.I did a minx course as well and am yet to do a set but was thinking maybe I should rent a chair in a salon and build my clients from that.

I think i was hoping to be busy with christmas coming up but maybe i should just be patient.Did u do any fliers,if so,did that bring people coz from reading posts on here its not that great..xx

Hi yes I did do some glossy postcards which are fab but not really worth spending out. Once you get out and about mtg people it will def take off. Do you know anyone at a local school, that's a great way to spread the word. Any social groups where the are lots of ladies xxxx

Ps had another idea as the key is mtg people what about doing a local aerobics class? I think you need to get yourself out there which is hard in a new place. Once you do a couple it will roll. Actually book yourself a treatment with a local mobile therapist (one that doesn't do lashes), guarantee shell love them, and will have lots if friends. Get yourself down the hairdressers ask if you can leave a few leaflets. Maybe make some up for now on pc xxxxxx hope this helps

Yeah, i was actually thinking of doing something like that.I also have a friend who is a trolley dolly so think if i do hers might get a few referrals from that.Another idea i picked up from some threads is to possibly offer to do some hairdressers and/or receptionists at a reduced rate,as they are exposed to a lot of people.
Thanks for the ideas :hug:

There's a really good thread on here (I would upload a link but I'm a bit of a spoon) :) it's called "How I built up my lash clientelle (part 1 & part 2) it's a REALLY good read & very inspiring for newbie lashers, hopefully you'll get a few more ideas from this :) x

aww,thank you,will sit here and have a look at the threads and see if I can find it.sounds pretty good!!!x

I would definitely suggest getting a website sorted. If watching your pennies, then use a free template one and get it out there. Mine is a free template one and brings me quite a lot of business. Get it onto google maps, then when people google lash extensions for your area you will always come up xxx

Why not try networking too? If you're new to an area it will really help you make some fantastic friends and build a support network around you.

Lots of good ideas here too, but I moved to a new area to open up business and even though I resisted networking at first it really is the best thing I ever did as I just got so much out of it, not just clients. Find a ladies group such as Athena and do a special offer to get the first few to give you a try and then they'll all be wanting it done. There are threads on here about networking too so have a search to get ideas of other groups.

I would definitely suggest getting a website sorted. If watching your pennies, then use a free template one and get it out there. Mine is a free template one and brings me quite a lot of business. Get it onto google maps, then when people google lash extensions for your area you will always come up xxx

I think thats gonna have to be my task for this week,defo need a website.Like u say,I am watching the pennies so will have to go for the free template.Thanx :hug:

Why not try networking too? If you're new to an area it will really help you make some fantastic friends and build a support network around you.

Lots of good ideas here too, but I moved to a new area to open up business and even though I resisted networking at first it really is the best thing I ever did as I just got so much out of it, not just clients. Find a ladies group such as Athena and do a special offer to get the first few to give you a try and then they'll all be wanting it done. There are threads on here about networking too so have a search to get ideas of other groups.

Hie,
I think i will have to get up off my sofa and get mingling!!!Its not all just going to happen if I dont make it happen.Thank you so much for that,think I needed it :smack: OMG,just had a look on the Athena website,such a brilliant idea,definately going to see if I can attend their next meeting!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back