Distance/online learning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to take on some beauty courses through distant/online learning. And I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which courses are good with proper qualifications at the end of it. Also can you do city & guilds 1-5 rhrough online/distant learning??

Ps. I've already done ad-hoc courses in nails/tanning/lashes/facials but want to get some proper quals so I can eventually get into laser etc!!

Thanks a mil in advance guys for ur help!!

Hi

I'm looking to take on some beauty courses through distant/online learning. And I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which courses are good with proper qualifications at the end of it. Also can you do city & guilds 1-5 rhrough online/distant learning??

Ps. I've already done ad-hoc courses in nails/tanning/lashes/facials but want to get some proper quals so I can eventually get into laser etc!!

Thanks a mil in advance guys for ur help!!

Hi! :) I just completed my ITEC & CIBTAC Beauty Therapy Diploma, these are usually the qualifications that most employers in Ireland look for and the most internationally recognised, what qualification does the distant course give? Also if you are thinking of doing laser in the future as far as I know you need CIDESCO for that which you can only get by attending a college that runs these courses. I'd be careful about what course you decide to do as you could run into problems with insurance etc. HTH and if you have any more q's lemme know x

Thanks a mil for that. I'm insured with AIT at d mo as before I do a course I'll always check first to see if I can get insured. Can you get itec/cidesco/cibtac through distant/online learning?? I'm actually living in London too so it would from here I'll be doing them.
Also can you get work in salons in London without cibtac etc but with plenty of experience??

Thanks again for your help!

No unfortunately you cant get these qualifications through distance learning. You need to attend a college for those. There is the element of practical learning as well that you couldnt get distance learning, also tthe exam board are strict on attendance and you have to have so many learning hours done before you can sit theory and practical exams ive lectured in a beauty college for the past three years and the ammount of work is unbelievable. The only other option is to do it at night , i know a lot of private colleges do it at night time. Good luck . Oh and check out the itec website , and go to international qualifications and you can see whats on the syllabus.:)

Thanks a mil for that. I'm insured with AIT at d mo as before I do a course I'll always check first to see if I can get insured. Can you get itec/cidesco/cibtac through distant/online learning?? I'm actually living in London too so it would from here I'll be doing them.
Also can you get work in salons in London without cibtac etc but with plenty of experience??

Thanks again for your help!

I'm not too sure if you can but I would say not as handbagqueen said you need to do classroom based hours. Since ur based in London maybe one of the UK based geeks may be able to help you out with regards to jobs in London?

Thanks guys for your help, very much appreciated !! :)

Latest posts

Back